3,564 Posts
Subaru Legacy Wagon with all the bells

or a Volvo v70r
or a Audi Allroad

·
Registered
544 Posts
Infiniti FX35

It combines the best attributes of a traditional sport wagon (additional cargo space, nimble handling) combined with one of the good qualities of SUVs....towing capacity (although admittedly not a lot) while not being excessive for on road use like the H2/Excursion. I know there are a lot of SUV haters on here, but this "car" is REALLY fun to drive.

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
The next car purchased will be a Pilot (for my wife, kids, boat, family trips, etc.) The next car I purchase for me for a daily driver will be an Audi Avant 1.8t Quattro w/6-speed stick, BMW 325xi sports wagon, Subaru Legacy GT wagon, Volvo V50 -- or if I fully embrace my midlife crisis, a Mazdaspeed Miata, S2000, RX8, or Boxster S.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
For heaven's sake Jamie, buy the damn Miata. If I had realized that was what was up, I would have been steering you that way for a while. What the hell do you think the Rabbit is about?

I think Tom finally broke down and got one. Got married, got a Miata. I think it's a good thing! :thumbup:

I have all the cars I want for a long time. I not only don't see anything I really like out there, I really like what I have. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
It will really depend on my budget this Fall and the outcome of a few test drives.

One of the following (all manual):
Volvo S60 T5. I don't think my budget would allow me to get the R.
Audi A4 1.8T. I like both sedan and avant, but would lean towards an avant.
VW Passat GLX.
Acura TL.

If I sell my current car, then I would look at the following for a "daily driver":
VW Jetta/Golf/GTI MKIII
Volvo 850

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
atomicalex said:
For heaven's sake Jamie, buy the damn Miata. If I had realized that was what was up, I would have been steering you that way for a while. What the hell do you think the Rabbit is about?
Ha! The midlife crisis line was just a throwaway. I'm too old for that. Had mine already -- about seven years ago. And if I was going to do a midlife crisis right, I'd get the Boxster, for sure. All kidding aside, if I do opt to go the sports car route, most likely, it would be the RX8. Something about the idea of a usable back seat really speaks to me. I test drove one last month. Mucho fun, room for four, and not many on the road around here. I like the nonconformist nature of the designers who came up with it.

FWIW, the Mazdaspeed Miata is the first version of that car I've been truly interested in. The extra-oomph for not much extra cash makes it a real sports car bargain.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I'm keeping my B5.5 for a while, so I'm guessing my next car will be an Alfa Romeo, when it's reintroduced into the North American market in 2007 or 2008.

Their newest coupe (the 2004 GT) is really sharp and sexy:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
hard question
new S4, X5 3.0, Allroad...so hard so many good cars out. EDYSON, you could prolly get a good deal at Bianco Saab down in Corte Madera...they always seem to be itching to get those cars moving off their lots.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
This:

That's right, a 1995 Honda Civic with extremely low miles. :lol:
Seriously, the Passat is the wifes and we plan on keeping it forever we both still enjoy driving it. I have a Jeep Cherokee for recreation and fun and I need a cheap but reliable daily driver for work. Especially since I've bumped up my retirement to the legal limit of 14% of income. I'd like to get a nice new vehicle but saving for two little girls college fund, two wedding funds, retirement, accelerated mortgage payments and just staying out of debt takes priority at this time. :cry:
Somebody post this question again in about 5-7 years and I'll be able to post some nicer vehicles. :lol:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
39 Participants
Johnny B5.5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing