Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
i went with 17s from my 15 inch steelies. rode all last summer/fall and until first snow (litterally). they don't look too awful and the lower tire profile was incredible difference.

1 vote for 17s

if you click on website below...you can see my car with the 17s and no drop. not awful and handled worlds different

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Technically your car will look like an SUV with any size wheel without a drop on it. The wheel/tire outside diameter is still the same with 15's or 18's so you won't avoid the SUV look with whatever you get.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Dont spend money of aftermarket 16's, if is between thoose 2 definately go 17's. Personaly even 17's are to small for me.
Go big or go home :lol:
Just playing, my neighbor had 17's on his B5.5 with stock suspension and it didnt look that SUVish, but it was riding a little high :crazy:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'd try to go with the widest tire possible without rubbing, and something that's as light as possible. That being said, I don't think there's a lot of light 15's and 16's around. If you're a real baller, and have the patience, you might want to call up a local Volk/Rays Engineering dealer, and see if they can order a superlight forged TE-37, CE-28, or SE-37 wheel in 15x8, or 16x8 in a custom 5x112 (or was it 113) bolt pattern for the Passat. I have a set of 15x7 TE's that weight 9.2 lbs per wheel. You can also prob get a custom color. It should cost around $1,600+ for the 15's though, and most likely there is a 6 month wait. I'm not 100% sure if you can get a custom bolt pattern though, but I've heard it's been done before.

Otherwise, if you must go 17's, get the semi-forged 17x8.5 SSR Competitions. They're 15 lbs ea, and are pretty reasonably priced for what you get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
XedoS69
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing