Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

What tire size...Part2

721 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  passaturbonium 
#1 ·
#2 ·
215/40/17 is REALLY small, in relative terms.

Are you rubbing or anything?

#4 ·
#5 ·
Clay will tell you no, because the load rating is too low. :wink:

But unless you're hauling all the kids + 15 bags of sand, I doubt you'll ever exceed your load rating. :lol:

I run small diameter tires (and get shit for it every day). The better gearing is nice. :thumbup:

#6 ·
You stole my thunder! :) Most tire shops won't install a tire that is under load capacity because it is a liability against them if something does go wrong. Tire companys have been sued and lost over this issue before. This is part of the reason we won't sell tires that don't carry the right load capacity for the vehicle. If the rubbing is due to the wheel liners being installed wrong, I would have that fixed instead.

#8 ·
I run 215/50/17...but that's larger than 225/45/17. Rub city if you're rubbing already. Here's an idea...stop driving so hard. :p :lol:

#9 ·
stealthx32 said:
I run 215/50/17...but that's larger than 225/45/17. Rub city if you're rubbing already. Here's an idea...stop driving so hard. :p :lol:
ive been taking it easy...its really my bend wheels...uneven tire wear thats killing me.

My allignment is off...and it seems like when I get it done the bend wheels mess it up anyways. I have to head up to Brandford...get them straighten out....then throw on some tires....the do the allignment....and homepfully all the uneven wear will be gone.

:(

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.