Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my radio has really bad reception and when I plug my cell phone into the charger, I can't get anything out of the radio but loud noise. I'm talking almost no signal at all. What could be the problem???

Jonathan

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
How close is your cell phone to the radio? My Nextel wrecks havoc on my stereo, especially when I place it in the cubby under the radio. Do you have AM reception without the cellphone in the car? This is a quick way to check and make sure your amplified antenna has not taken a shit.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cell phone is right next to the radio, but it doesn't bother it unless I plug it into the charger. It's never messed with it in the past. I'll go see if my am channels work.

Jonathan

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have AM reception without the cellphone in the car?
Okay, I checked to see if I had am reception. Every am channel sounds like a machine gun.
When you press, you feel the engine noise coming through the speakers?
Alex, I don't recall ever hearing any engine noise through the speakers. Is my antenna shot???

Jonathan

·
Registered
2 Posts
got sort of the same problem only my antenna suck without having a cell near by and i have pulled the deck out several times while still plugged in and the reception picks up but i don't have the slightest idea of the problem, keep my posted of any solutions that you guys might find thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts