Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boost gauge did not come with a fancy no buzz T, hell it didn't come with any T. Please tell me what size I need and where to tap into. Please explain in detail, or pics, of where I tap into. The gauge is mounted and wired I just need to make it operate. Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Temporarily (As I doubt Lowes will have NoBuzz T's) :
Use something to fit snuggly with the hose diameter.

Permanent :
My kit from NewSouthPerformance came with the No Buzz T. Contact NewSouthPerformance or a compteitor for this T fitting. Shouldnt cost more than a buck and by tossing it into an envelope marked first class mail you could have it in three days or so. And as a note, I believe the NoBuzz Ts were made with the VDO Boos Gauges in mind; as these gauges had a nack for creating a good amount of cabin noise. If you are using a different brand perhaps you will not need this special fitting.

Hope that helps you.

Stephen.

PS Where you mounting your gauge?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T

I bought the gauge pod from new south. It is one of the new ones that is offset to the left, it looks great and does not block too much. It blocks the clock a little, but I can look around it if I need to. Thanks for the help, could you explain where to tap into, I do not want to cut the wrong hose.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fitting

I ordered one from newsouth and got a red LED at the same time. Can anyone tell me what hose to tap into?

·
Registered
400 Posts
the hose you are going to tap into is that one that is located on the intake manifold connect to your FPR works like a charm took about hour at max doing a good job and that was my first time putting one in :lol:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Michael T Borelli said:
My boost gauge did not come with a fancy no buzz T, hell it didn't come with any T. Please tell me what size I need and where to tap into. Please explain in detail, or pics, of where I tap into. The gauge is mounted and wired I just need to make it operate. Thanks

Michael
couldn't tell you exactly what size but here is where I installed mine

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=85277&highlight=

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.