Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they rescently tared and chipped the road by my house and then repaved it a few days latter, and I finally got to wash my car today. I tryed this cheap bug a tar remover that my mom had and it worked on some of it, but I couldn't get it all off. I was wondering what you guys use?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, thats what that bug and tar remover said to do too. sadly, i didn't have time to wax it. I'll get it next time I wash it. I've also been told that WD-40 will work too, but I didn't have any on hand. Any truth to that?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Does that help it not to scratch. The two times last week that I removed bird poo, I can now see fine scratches where the poo was.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
rwaller71 said:
Does that help it not to scratch. The two times last week that I removed bird poo, I can now see fine scratches where the poo was.
That's because birds eat small pebbles as a means to help digest their food. Basically, just hose the living crap out of bird poo, and then wash with soapy water.

Jimmy :)

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Use Mineral Spirits .. just soak a towel in it and hold it on the tatred area and let it do its job .. don't aggitate it as it will contain sand and scratch.

Once it is gone wash and rewax the area.

·
Registered
175 Posts
mackman said:
they rescently tared and chipped the road by my house and then repaved it a few days latter, and I finally got to wash my car today. I tryed this cheap bug a tar remover that my mom had and it worked on some of it, but I couldn't get it all off. I was wondering what you guys use?
WD40 will dissolve tar that's not allowed to age...

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I had that problem before and got desperate since walmart was closed. so i went to kmart and bought this blue gel stuff that worked so well! got off sap, tar, bugs and bird poop. I don't remember the name of it, it's at my friends house, i'll post the name when I get it back. it was around 3 dollars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.