Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Researching new seats and a new shift knob. I want a knob like the MOMO air race http://www.momo.it/Momo/pomelli/grandi/race/raceairlether.jpg but don't want to spend $80.00 for a knob. Any other options, car is a mtx?

As for seats, I have an '00 variant w/ side airbags/heat/non-power and gray interior. So far all I know is I want something with decent side bolsters and a cushier center. The stock seats kill my back on a couple hour drive. I don't think I'm really worried about the airbags and the heat as well as there is a way to turn the airbag light off and have the dash bags still work. I would like to spend maybe $800 or less for a set of front seats. I don't want leather, cloth or alacantra (yeah, right at that price).

I did a search but only found stuff about the S4 Alacantra seats which seem to be to much $$$ for what I want, about $1000ea for leather on www.car-part.com.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a couple friends with those seats. They are hard and not comfortable to me.

As far as heating the seats, that's no big deal. There are aftermarket seat heaters that can be installed. I think they run about $125 per seat for the kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.