Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

what rims to get??........and what size 18",or 19"

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  rollininstyle2004 
#1 ·
what rims to get??........and what size 18",or 19"?.......

Ok guys, i'm kinda torn here.....
I need help picking rims for my 03 reflex silver b5.5.

Ive narrowed my desion on wheels to 2 choices.....
DTM Kruez 10......

or Volk Racing GT-C's....

Both are going to be about the same price, and can be had in preety much any offset, and with, and if i'd went with the kruez's i'd go with a poished look, and the volks would be silver, with a poished lip. Bacily the same as the pictures.
Though the dtm is defenatly more euro, there preety much the norm in cali. Espeacially in socal. Nearly every euro car in socal has these rims (though i've only seen them on one other Passat). Though i live in norcal, (whitch these rims are a rarity down on these parts), i plan on showing in a few shows down in socal.
The Volks are more of a JDM wheel, but its deffenatly different. I really think this rim will shine on my car. i think they'll also give it a more "racy" look. (i'm not sure if that good or bad).

then there's the hole thing about the size. Iv'e already have 18''s, but the ride is preety nice even with 18''s, and i have a hard enough time dodging pot holes. 19"s will make it worse. Then there's the cost of tires. 19' tires are much more expensive than 18"s (about 100 more a tire).
But then there just the hole bad ass look of 19'!! Like i said before, i enter my car in car shows, so the bigger the rim, the more points i get.
I'm not tripp'in on the intire wheel and tire package cost. Though 18's would be cheaper, i'd rather wait a litttle bit longer, and get the right size for my purpose.
So what you guys think??
Volks or DTM's??? 18", or 19''????

See less See more
#5 ·
l5gcw0b said:
Are you sure the volks are available in our bolt pattern?
well, they don't list them in our bolt pattern, but ive' seen them (not this exact model rim) on plenty of audi's in the past, so i'm preety sure they could be had. But if they don't, that would help on narrowing dowm my choice! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.