Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what rims to get??........and what size 18",or 19"?.......

Ok guys, i'm kinda torn here.....
I need help picking rims for my 03 reflex silver b5.5.

Ive narrowed my desion on wheels to 2 choices.....
DTM Kruez 10......

or Volk Racing GT-C's....

Both are going to be about the same price, and can be had in preety much any offset, and with, and if i'd went with the kruez's i'd go with a poished look, and the volks would be silver, with a poished lip. Bacily the same as the pictures.
Though the dtm is defenatly more euro, there preety much the norm in cali. Espeacially in socal. Nearly every euro car in socal has these rims (though i've only seen them on one other Passat). Though i live in norcal, (whitch these rims are a rarity down on these parts), i plan on showing in a few shows down in socal.
The Volks are more of a JDM wheel, but its deffenatly different. I really think this rim will shine on my car. i think they'll also give it a more "racy" look. (i'm not sure if that good or bad).

then there's the hole thing about the size. Iv'e already have 18''s, but the ride is preety nice even with 18''s, and i have a hard enough time dodging pot holes. 19"s will make it worse. Then there's the cost of tires. 19' tires are much more expensive than 18"s (about 100 more a tire).
But then there just the hole bad ass look of 19'!! Like i said before, i enter my car in car shows, so the bigger the rim, the more points i get.
I'm not tripp'in on the intire wheel and tire package cost. Though 18's would be cheaper, i'd rather wait a litttle bit longer, and get the right size for my purpose.
So what you guys think??
Volks or DTM's??? 18", or 19''????

·
Registered
556 Posts
I like the Volks and I'd stick with 18's for the better ride and less chance of cracking them on potholes. But if you are going to be doing shows, the 19's of course.

I'd post this in the Wheel and Tire Forum though. Beware of flames! :evil: :lol:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
l5gcw0b said:
Are you sure the volks are available in our bolt pattern?
well, they don't list them in our bolt pattern, but ive' seen them (not this exact model rim) on plenty of audi's in the past, so i'm preety sure they could be had. But if they don't, that would help on narrowing dowm my choice! :lol:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
How much are you planning to spend?

I was browsing ebay and found this wheels, price is pretty good.

Its a replica of DTM Kruz. They listed on a Ebay for 749.50, for 19.

I personally think :thumbdow: but somebody may like them.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Of those 2 choices, I'd definitely pick the DTM Kruez 10 - NO question.
I'd play it safe and go with 18's, but if you're entering it in shows GO BIG!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If you really entering the show you need to get 19 Forged wheels and tires 235/35/19 and 265/30/19 rear, then you will get a lot of points.

If you wanna get something cheap and for street look then get Milano or Axis Super Mesh

·
Registered
709 Posts
DTM Kruez all the way. Pretty sure they won't have those Volks in 5x112. I was looking at Volks when I was in the market and I didn't find any in 5x112. They were usually all 5x100 or 5x114. And that really pissed me off cause I wanted the GT-P's, :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dont get the 19's my friend put 19's on his b5 and they looked like shit because they where so big and the made the car no fun to drive. And the 19's dont give the car a very clean look they are just to big. The 18's look so much better

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
19's are fine if you have the right suspension and a decent design to the wheels.
Definately, i would say if you end up getting the DTM Kreuz then go 18's judging by the style i dont know if i l would like thoose wheels inn 19's, but if you go Volks go 19's.
Of the two i would take 18 DTMs over the 19 Volks any day :bow:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts