Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Didn't we just discuss this in another posting...?

In my opinion, the Osram / Sylvania Silverstar bulb is the best for the price.
A PIAA bulb is more money, but not neccessarily a better bulb.
I think any local Auto store will have the Silverstars... Pep Boys, Wal-Mart, Schucks.

Jimmy :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry i put 2 posts my bad, but i didnt know if people would answer on the other one too much, i figured i would get more hits from this title. so osram silverstars are the better of the 2??? and why not the sylvania??? thanks for all the help

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
The 55Watt PIAA Extreme White's are IMHO the nicest replacement bulbs for our cars. They blend very well with the HID's on my W8. I'm using PIAA LED's in the Headlamps, H7 High-Beams, and H3 in my foglights.

The Osram/Sylvania Silverstars are also tight bulbs, but I keep hearing folks talk about the European versions are much better than the one's available in the U.S. The only problem is that vendors who sell the European versions use IMHO an antiquated conversion method between the Euro and US Dollar which forces the consumer to pay more. I'll stick to the good old PIAA's which are available in the USA!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
'03 Passat GLS Variant
I just installed Osram 55w last week. They produce a whiter light than stock. On my test drive in hilly country, 4 of 10 cars flashed their lights at me when I crested a hill. I adusted the driver side light down a couple of degrees and every one is happy. They do "throw" better on the right side and I am quite satisfied.
In the US the price is competitive but if you have them shipped via UPS ground to Canada, the UPS customs brokerage fee is a killer. I have always found this automotive url to be informative.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Swami said:
The Osram/Sylvania Silverstars are also tight bulbs, but I keep hearing folks talk about the European versions are much better than the one's available in the U.S. The only problem is that vendors who sell the European versions use IMHO an antiquated conversion method between the Euro and US Dollar which forces the consumer to pay more. I'll stick to the good old PIAA's which are available in the USA!!!
Daniel Stern sells the Osram European Silverstars for $17.50 each...cheaper than PIAA's and Sylvania Silverstars. He is out of Toronto and he ships fast.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
toneloc07 said:
how do you get a hold of this guy, he hasnt emailed me back and it has been 24 hours. he seems like that best bet, so i think i will be doing that. thanks
Patience grasshopper. He will get back to you ASAP. :D

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the help i just got the osram silverstars and they are 50000000 times brighter than my old lights. it is reidiculous how bright these things are, you can see them in daylight in 100 degree weather. thanks to everyone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.