Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
i second this. the cost of unmounting ur old tires, and putting them on new rims is going to cost you money also. just wash your wheels and call it a day.
You haven't seen the wheel that is on my front passenger side yet have you?

The minimum I will have to do is put the 5th wheel on the front passenger side/ get the tire taken off the really bad wheel and put it on the somewhat bad wheel and them wash all 4 wheels and then maybe Stevie Wonder will think my wheels are ok because with the wheel pictured above even RAY Charles can tell that they have horrible curb rash and he's not even alive.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts

The minimum I will have to do is put the 5th wheel on the front passenger side/ get the tire taken off the really bad wheel and put it on the somewhat bad wheel and them wash all 4 wheels and then maybe Stevie Wonder will think my wheels are ok because with the wheel pictured above even RAY Charles can tell that they have horrible curb rash and he's not even alive.
i still dont get what your point of all this? to make you feel better? ummm yea when i curbed my road americas i was kinda upset, but i wouldnt go as far as say i would get them refinished. its not that serious, its an 15 inch oem wheel, might as run some 15 steels.

when it comes down to it, its up to you how you spend your money. we all say its not worth it, cause the wheels, they are stocks, just make them your winters and get a good pair of summers and then you can drive a million miles per hour on the autobahn without expecting your tire to blow.

:banghead:

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts

shit dude, you can drive fast and take pix of your dash but you cant park for shit.

shit.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
i think what everyone's trying to say is that it doesnt matter if curb 15s b/c NOBODY pays any attention to them. get your t-belt fixed, you're way overdue and once that goes, your curbed wheels will be the least of your concerns.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I don't know, those Mercedes Wheels look AWFULLY GOOD and tempting to me. They're replicas that are made in Italy and I can get them for $400.
Maybe since my dad has a limo business, his regular guy will mount my old tires on them for real cheap. Then I can sell my really good Wellington on Ebay, and my 4 rashed wellingtons on craigslist and maybe make back much of the money I put into the Mercedes Wheels. If I can't afford the whole Mercedes, then at least I can have the wheels.

if ure going to stick to 15, just keep the wellingtons as is and save your money.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
shit dude, you can drive fast and take pix of your dash but you cant park for shit.

shit.
Some of the curbrash was already there when I bought the car.
I did add some though because the wheels were already messed up and I didn't care. The only reason I don't park in the driveway to avoid curbrash is because My mom always opens up the Lincoln Town Car rear door into the side of other cars in the driveway. Then she says "what's more important your stupid car or me?".

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
you didn't care when u added to curbage but now you care enough to replace em with more 15s.

i rather have oem quality wellingtons that ebay quality replicas, in also 15s.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts