Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.....i have a set of the Orion Components in the front, stock components in the back and 2 JL 12W0s in the trunk being powered by a 600 watt, 6ch PPI-6600 amp.

Now.......what kind of speakers should i get for the back. I'm trying to get the best clarity in my car. i'm getting different suggestions from different people. some people tell me to get another set of components for the back and the others tell me to get Co-axials for the back because having 2 sets of components in the car won't sound right :weirdo:

So.......what do i do :???:

TIA :)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I'm under the impression that co-axials will work best because the rears are primarily there for adding volume to the setup. 2-way coaxials would probably work well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yup, I would go with coax, the tweeters on the back doors are too high and too close to the front passengers so they end up pulling the image backwards. If it was my car I'd even attenuate the rear tweets a bit too. This of course sucks for anyone listening in the back seats though. :wink:

·
Registered
151 Posts
you could always go with a comp set in the back with a switch or level adjuster attached to the tweets, especially easy if your system is a monsoon convert (im starting to wish i had gotten a monsoon systems just for howmuch easier it makes rewiring things).

people hop in the back your like, hit the switch, that'd be bling. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts