Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I always admired Polish people on bravery. Remember on those days they were fully loading litle 126, plus ot the roof,plus attaching camping trailer (those for sleeping) and loading that trailer with tons of goods and going to Yugosalvia,Bulgaria and some of them even as far as Turkey.
Using holiday to sell all those goods, incl. trailer and sometimes car as well and going back to Polland. You should be really brave to do this with such small car across Europe, no car insurance ofcourse.
Spoke with few of them back in those times, man what an adventure.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
im sure that car would be fun to drive with minimal mods, like suspension and some kinda of light weight aluminum decent hp engine

like a go cart almost
No, not really. The suspension would not cut it. This was the replacement for the famous Fiat 500

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Boris said:
jeffsu350 said:
im sure that car would be fun to drive with minimal mods, like suspension and some kinda of light weight aluminum decent hp engine

like a go cart almost
No, not really. The suspension would not cut it. This was the replacement for the famous Fiat 500
Actually it was Fiat 500 licence(with 2 engines 500 and later 650), produced in Poland. I am not sure but name of factory was PZ (Polsky Zavody, or simmilar). Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I ment for this Fiat 500, as in the new model replacing the old.

The polish factory is/was FSO. Fabryka Samochodow Osobowych. They also manufactured the Fiat 125p model that was later replaced by the Polonez.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Ah,you meant "Topolino". :) Regarding FSO can't tell you. I know FSO but I do not remember their models. I remember from childhood that we called those P-e-eZ-e-e from PZ, can't tell why.My memory is telling me because factory was PZ. There was not 2 factories on the time in Poland?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.