Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks like some sort of mod for the TDI (diesel) engines. Perhaps programming of some sort. Looks like you run it in-line with a wiring harness.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Maybe an oilpan heater, block heater of some manner or sort? Clearly for TDI's. My smattering of German leads me to believe it is a heater of some sort.

·
Registered
487 Posts
After running it through a translation program I am none the wiser...

Tuningkit for all PD engines.

+15 20 HP of +35 50 Nm depending upon engine.

Simple installation in 5 min. With temperature compensation, i.e. better kaltstartverhalten and higher achievements. The box can be adapted by the attitude of the achievement better to your engine, so that is a higher achievement than present with the power cable usually.

Without doing V appraisals.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Looks like a boost controller for the diesel engine. It appears as if it modifies the signal to the N75 valve (if that is what diesels use) to allow the engine to hold more boost, thus upping the power. If this is correct, then you unplug the electrical connection to the N75, then run this between the original connection and the valve. I am not sure why this would be any better than a manual boost controller, but it does have some ease of install to it.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
geordie said:
... With temperature compensation, i.e. better kaltstartverhalten...
I don't speak much german, but i am pretty sure that 'kaltstartverhalten' means coldly launch characteristics, correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I would say that +/- all of them are the same. Best bet is one that can give you best service and fast repairs,etc. Do not go crazy, if they are close to you and local Co., it is o.k. to buy because you do not have to vorry about complications if something does not work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts