Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This strange object was found on my driveway. It matches my 2001.5 GLX's paint - and has VW OOOO on it so I tend to think it came unscrewed from my B5.5 :) It also has >PE< inscribed on it's black plastic cap, which is firmly attached. the unpainted base opens to a threaded core, hence the "unscrewed" guess work.

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
Whoa...I wonder if you rub it and a Genie grants you a problem-free car and two other wishes....

(I'd go with Jessica Alba for one of them :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Whoa...I wonder if you rub it and a Genie grants you a problem-free car and two other wishes....

(I'd go with Jessica Alba for one of them :)

LMAO HAHAHAAHAH

you must of gotten the experimental passat from Abu Dabi that was not suppose to be released to the American public.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
thats a piece from your Pot Pipe isnt it! Put away your drug paraphanelia (sp?) :p

sorry i cant help you with the part. Heres the way i look at it. Drive your car around and if nothing blows up..the piece wasnt important :)

i found the lovely unknown springs underneath my car seat the other day. I felt so specail. My mom told me to throw it out but i said hell no! im keeping it for the memmories :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Maybe a plug from a trunk drainhole or something? Is there even a drainhole in the trunk :hmmm:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Just a wild guess, but maybe it is some sort of bump stop for one of the doors, hood, or trunk. Is there a prize for getting this right? :lol:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll get better pix tonight. I had very limited time last night, and that was taken with the built-in camera on our laptop. Bump stop is what occured to me as well, but a cursory look yielded no results. As a prize you will get my everlasting gratitude.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I rubbed it throughly, and Jessica Alba failed to materialize. It is definitely a part to the car - it has the VW/AUdi logo on it and exactly matches my Colorado Red 4-mo. My camera sucks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can help you! I have an '02 & I found the same thing on my garage floor about 3 years ago. Turns out it came from the upper door hinge. It goes on the underside of the upper door hinge with the black plastic part facing downward. Just open one or more of your doors & you should see one of those "thingy's" missing. I think it happened to me just before an oil change, so when I took it to the dealership I gave them the part & they told me where it came from & put it back on.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I can help you! I have an '02 & I found the same thing on my garage floor about 3 years ago. Turns out it came from the upper door hinge. It goes on the underside of the upper door hinge with the black plastic part facing downward. Just open one or more of your doors & you should see one of those "thingy's" missing. I think it happened to me just before an oil change, so when I took it to the dealership I gave them the part & they told me where it came from & put it back on.
This man gets a COOKIE! :) If hes right?

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
wouldn't we all? :lol:

is that part only on the b5's or the b5.5?
also, what's it's actual function? i'm kinda curious as well...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts