Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchsed a DV from thhe dealer a few months back and well i didnt realy think about the TT or anything like that, i figuresd i'll change it out later.......anyway.......

i got this DV part #058 145 710

i researched and 06a 145 710n is the TT DV
034 145 710 is the old stock DV

soooooooooo...............

what the helll do i have????? :crazy:

thanx all...........

ALfredo

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, nothing, i double checked on the reciept and the actual part,

i knoe it works but what im trying to find out is when i get chipped (in a couple of months) will i need to get a new DV??

Thank you

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
From Joe Hoppen's website. Note the date of the Audi Tech Bulletin.

Kenny

Early production vehicles had a Bosch bypass valve with the number ending in 108 or Audi 710A which due to problems would eventually be superceded by a Bosch 114 or Audi 710N. This valve was far better in performance but still not completely reliable especially under modified conditions.

As stated in Audi’s technical bulletin dated Dec. 8, 2000 the bypass valves should be replaced should the following occur: “Groaning or howling noise from engine compartment when accelerating during partial load between 2500-3000 RPM,” or “ Rattling noise when decelerating between 2000-3000 RPM,” which “may be caused by the internal diaphragm of the charge pressure bypass valve producing pulsating noises.”

·
Registered
36 Posts
VW / Audi

1996-1998 ENGINE
DV 034 145 710 A (bosch 108pn)

2000 + ENGINE
DV 058 145 710 (bosch 110pn)

TT 225 hp
DV 06A 145 710 N (bosch 114pn)

All DV function almost the same. Only different is the spring rate. If you are considering to chip your car, better use TT one. The one that you got now is know as stock DV for recently model.

anyway, I also use the 110pn for long time after chip my car. everything was fine. I change it because my car reach 100,000 KM already. also both have same price. that all.

·
Registered
879 Posts
If I may suggest u guys try to get the 710P.It is used on RS6 Audis,and u will notice that although it is a diaphragm type,it has some channels that guide the piston in a linear motion,unlike the TT DV which works like a hinge!AFAIK! :heart: :b5:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.