Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bother just bought a 2000 jetta. The previous owner had alot of electronics that were removed prior to purchase. Its an odd looking antenna maybe for a CB? At the base it says A-S. I wish they didnt drill a hole in the roof. Anyway I can plug it?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I JUST got done installing an XM Radio antenna in the same spot, only difference is that I had to run the wire back to the window and around into the trunk.

If you pull that antenna out of there you can put a satellite radio antenna there and run the wire right underneath into the interior.

I just bought the XM Delphi Roady, it comes with everything you need and has a free car and home kit, all for about $120. That price will probably be cheaper than patching and repainting that hole.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. The Sat. Radio antenna is a good idea. I have one left over from Sirius. A big Kenwood antenna. How would I seal the hole from rain though. I was hoping someone might sell a rubber plug or something. Welding a patch in there is not an option. Too much money for a car with 100,000 miles. We will just leave the base there for now until I find a solution. It doesnt look good though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.