Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the oil cooler with a sandwich plate and air cooler this weekend. Wanting to buy the "by-pass" hose ahead of time. Does anyone know the ID of the oil cooler hoses, specifically where they attach to the block (if those are different than the cooler fittings)?

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
IIRC, those coolant hoses (mine are blocked off*) are ~3/4" OD and ~1/2" ID. I used some coolant hoses from an A2 Jetta I had lying around. Each one is cut to about 3in. long with the ends plugged.

*I didn't want any coolant bypassing the heater core so I "dead-headed" the supply/return lines iso using a bypass hose.

Good Luck

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Electron Man said:
IIRC, those coolant hoses (mine are blocked off*) are ~3/4" OD and ~1/2" ID. I used some coolant hoses from an A2 Jetta I had lying around. Each one is cut to about 3in. long with the ends plugged.

*I didn't want any coolant bypassing the heater core so I "dead-headed" the supply/return lines iso using a bypass hose.

Good Luck
Glad you're back, Jay - was wondering how you did it.

IDriveB5 - sorry but I cannibalized the oil cooler off my '79 Scirocco. This was a unit that I bought from Neuspeed - they no longer sell it. So I have zero part numbers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.