Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many other b5's have these replaced? I noticed some grease on my new wheel this week, but did not think that it could happen to me. Anyway, I am attempting to raise my adjustable bilstiens one notch because the car is rubbing the fender liner( would have been rubbing metal had I not rolled the fenders), and thru the pain of trying to get the bolt out of the lower control arm, which is so tight I dont know if I can do it, I noticed this. It does not look bad, just a small tear, but obviously its losing grease. I am not going to fix this one, I have only watched this done once and I know I will mess it up. How many hours of labor and parts will this cost me, there are no clicking noises, it seems to be operating fine.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I had this done to my car, just dont get it done at the dealership (unless under warrenty) it costs about 400 or so, you could prolly get a better deal at a local shop

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The place i take my car to only charges 50 dollars an hour, and is all about vw's, so if a dealer was 400 it might cost me 200.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts