Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 2000 B5 1.8T with about 62k on it. Well I am having problems with it and through some posts I have read I want to check out the ICM and see if it is still good. However the ICM is not where it should be, on top of the airbox, can anyone help me out on this? TIA

JD

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on... I was kinda worried cause the VW mech I talked to (not at the stealership) told me that it should still be on the airbox. Oh well does anyone know if there is a way to test it to make sure it is still good?

·
Registered
872 Posts
JDeer0618: Not sure if you're still having problems but I just bought a new MAF this morning (talk about ouch $$$) and all my issues are solved.

No more rough starts, no more stumbling, no more hesitating, no more blinking CEL (I'm waiting for a few more good starts for the solid CEL to go away). It's running like it's brand new.

On top of that, all of my boost is back (ECU is Neuspeed chipped). I can't remember the last time I could break away my tires in 1st and 2nd gear.

The irony is that the very first thing I suspected months ago was my MAF so I tried cleaning it back then to no avail. I thought I cleaned it properly, but I guess not. The difference is night and day.

I also ditched my K&N filter because that's probably what fouled up my MAF in the first place.

So I say don't worry about your ECU and change that MAF. :thumbup:

·
Registered
646 Posts
okay I may be able to help. What's the prob? For the year that you have I nolonger have a external ICM. I know that the 2001 audi has it on the coilpack. pm me.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Can a bad ICM cause problems without latching the CEL on? Also, if restarting clears the bad running, is it something else?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts