Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to talk about my Miata????? :trafficcone: :trafficcone: :driving: :trafficcone: :trafficcone:

The :b5: and :b55: kick the crap out of the golf/jetta platform in any motor sport that involves turning the wheel.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
well if you paint my car Colorado red it would be the same as scirocco's, i bought almost all of his autocross parts :whistle:

·
Registered
26,585 Posts
and I'll bet Ofelia told you that's enough. ;)
She was not too pleased as she was hanging by the seatbelt. :mad:

It was the last SMD (Sunday Morning Drive) that she has done. It took me over a year to go out on one again. :driving:

Of course, the 4MO is much more stable (no more FWD trailing throttle oversteer) and I even set her Golf a bit less tail-happy to keep it from happening in her car.

I still have not gotten my car on a track. I am back on the A6Q H+R Race springs and a touch higher than when you saw the car. It rides better, but still handles well. It will be much more pleasant on the next cross-country drive.

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,906 Posts
oh wow pz... i had imagined it really in a ditch or something....

anywho, real testament to structural rigidity. just..wow...

i'm also surprised how the doors look. looks like they never touched the ground.

my only question is did you have the urge to try to see if it ran (or even tried to start) after it flipped back rightside up?

that's something i would have definitely done, moreso just to say it still runs after being flipped, than anything.

·
Registered
26,585 Posts
The oil pan (and belly pan) had a nice big hole in it from the drop-off (about 3' deep). No sign of sludge :p

All of the doors opened and the sunroof was still intact. The only injury (besides my ego) was a small cut on my knee from the broken windshield when I crawled back in catch Ofelia as I released her seatbelt.

The roof rail was bent slightly on both sides as they pulled it upright. Otherwise I would have repaired it. I wish I had kept it. It would have made a perfect engine swap when my V6 lost it's timing belt.

BTW, that crash was almost 4 years ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts