Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I long time ago my turbo seal went out on me and oil+coolant went through my intake. Not much went through, but my main worry is if the IC would not function as well as before because of this. I haven't taken it off, but I have replace the DV and check other areas and there were traces of oil from the past in them. I only ask this because my boost is falling about 5-8 PSI short of where it should be and I cannot find a vacuum leak anywhere and I had my codes read at an Autozone here and they did not find anything...any suggestions or past experiences? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
You could take your IC out and run some gasoline through it, that's what I did when I was replacing my old turbo that wasn't working anymore.

I had a bunch of oil in the lower IC pipe and the solid crossmember, so I just flushed some gasoline through and let them dry before I put them back.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using gasoline??? I haven't heard of that one...thanks for the information.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Well, gas, brake clean, anything that's a heavy duty solvent to destroy the oil and clear out the small passageways in the IC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
ACraig
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing