Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was snooping around under the hood the other day and found a "L" shaped hose coming out from under the intake manifold, there is a hole in it but it goes no where. The pics I took are in order from farthest to closest so everyone could get a point of reference on the manifold. I appericate any assistance I get, yall ROCK.

http://www.angelfire.com/ill/my_space/index.html

You can view the pics at the above page... Sorry for the inconveince

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know that exact L-shape hose you are talking about. I saw it too when I was replacing my vacume hoses.

I wanted to ask what it was too but I couldn't describe it. I looked around to see if I accidentally unplug something that was connected to it but that's not the case.

I think it is a pressure release for the valve that it was connected to. I think that the hose is never used unless under some extreme circumstance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good to me... It just tripped me out when I took off my resivior and saw that just sitting there. My immediate thought was here I have changed all these damn hoses and there is one disconnected and chillin. Well I hope you are right cause I am just going to leave it be. I am still trying figure out if my SIAP is out.

JD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
JDeer0618
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing