Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since i have a GL, i dont have a CD-Player ( i know it is horrible). So i am not going to be buying my whole system for a while, but i need to get a CD player. I think getting a CD/MP3 would be better just for the amount of songs i can have per disk.
So i was looking at the Alpine 9827:

From what i have read Alpines seem to be some of the best stuff out there. This is Alpines cheapest CD/MP3, is it still a good choice???
Here is a link with all the stats:
Alpine 9827
So what does everyone think???

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont know how good it is but....

Well I dont know anyone with it but I am slated to buy one for my girls car. I love Alpine (own a 7998) and wouldnt use anything else. I will let you know when I get one.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Its not bad of a radio at all. A decent bang for the buck CD player with MP3 capability. A little light on the pre-amp section plus it only has a one line display but for the price and Alpine name in quality you can't go wrong. I've installed last years unit many times before and all those customers were extremely happy with their purchase.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great Buy

I installed it in my girls car a couple of weeks ago. Great radio for the price ($189). The search functions are great and it defn revived her hurting system. If you want a cheap, quality MP3 receiver, you cant go wrong with Alpine.

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered it from Crutchfield i know the price is higher, but it said it came with all the wiring harnesses and antenna adapters, etc. So i hope they send me everything i need. It doesnt say Metra for the harnesses are they still going to fit???

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Metra is one of many companies that make the parts you need. I always quote Metra since I've used them, sold them and had great luck with them. Funnily enough, Crutchfield is going to send you Metra parts. They rebag them, but they still use Metra part numbers. You'll be all good.

Paul :thumbup:

·
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quality_sound said:
Metra is one of many companies that make the parts you need. I always quote Metra since I've used them, sold them and had great luck with them. Funnily enough, Crutchfield is going to send you Metra parts. They rebag them, but they still use Metra part numbers. You'll be all good.

Paul :thumbup:
As long as i get the right harnesses and stuff, im good whatever name or bag there in :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
rollininstyle2004
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing