Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried meguires (lasts for a day! :mad: ) I've tried back-to-black (maybe lasts a day longer! :mad: )

So what do you guys use!? It won't keep a rich black... is my only other option to buy new plastic? :(

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meant the bottom of the front/rear bumpers, bottom black side moldings along the doors. Are these products the only ones that we can use?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
NEVER, and I mean NEVER use Armor All. It's Petroleum based which makes the plastic get used to its presence, and without constant Armor All being added, will dry it out and turn it white/grey. Bad bad bad. I only use it for tires. I use Back to Black and it works great, even strips the wax swirls that it gets from when I wax the car (mit rubs the plastic).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sorry I don't have the exact website. But, do a google search on "303" products. YOu need something that is water based, not petroleum based.

As for the peanut butter, I think he's just pulling your Jiffy :lol:

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I use the Forever Black on mine .. but its the Tire Gel ,... basically a water based Dye .. here is a pix of the lowers after about 2 months and I was a lot in the spring/summer / fall.. 3 to 5 times a week. I understand the Forever Black that is made specifically for the trim is even better.

On the rubber around the windows I use Klasse All In One .. it cleans and lays a polymer sealnt over it.

I'd like to quote Ketch on the above Armoral postings ..see this thread and scroll down a bit ..

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1214706

[/url]

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I can use tire products on it!? Do I try to let it dry before driving again (to let it soak in)?
What brand is forever black ( or is that the brand?) As for armorall, I've never used that stuff! I love meguires products, except of course for these lower moldings (just doesn't last.)
Good stuff here!
Ryan :)

·
4,974 Posts
Curry said:
So I can use tire products on it!? Do I try to let it dry before driving again (to let it soak in)?
What brand is forever black ( or is that the brand?) As for armorall, I've never used that stuff! I love meguires products, except of course for these lower moldings (just doesn't last.)
Good stuff here!
Ryan :)
Thats what I use .. it dries in about 2 minutes if the lowers are dry
http://www.foreverblack.com

·
4,974 Posts
AntWrig said:
I would have never thought about using Klass AIO on the moldings. Do you put the sealent glaze over too?
No just the AIO .. I do all the rubber around the side windows .. have for a year or so .. works well.. I do it bout once every 2 months and I wash 4 times a week.

If your rubber is pretty oxidized give it 2 or 3 good rub downs with rubbing Alcohol and a terry towel .. once there is no more black transfer then do the AIO .

If they are in good shape AIO by itself will do and unlike Back to Black etc it doesn't wash off in the first rain and streak down the door.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.