Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not talking about the leather/cloth seats but the roofliner (proper term?), apillar, etc.? got a few fingerprints that need to be removed!

8,184 Posts
podunk-b5 said:
Not to jack you thread, but would you be able to use a steam cleaner on a really low setting(if it has one). Also how safe would it be to use a steam cleaner on the carpet.
Safe if you have a carpet cleaner ti soak up the extra water from the ccm and tcu....It would be great to use on the motor too

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,695 Posts
The best product I have ever come across is made by Sonax. Unfortunately, it is no longer available in the US. The EPA changed their regulations and Sonax dicided not to go through filling out all of the paperwork.:banghead: Maybe it is still available in Canada?

8,184 Posts
podunk-b5 said:
Not to jack you thread, but would you be able to use a steam cleaner on a really low setting(if it has one). Also how safe would it be to use a steam cleaner on the carpet.
By the way I have one at my house now if you need it just let me know:thumbup:

·
Registered
217 Posts
I use "Capture" stain remover to get stains out of any cloth / carpet material - the stuff is unbelieveable in terms of getting stains out. It's sold at Home Depot, and comes in a veriety of forms (liquid, spray, dry granules).

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
i use my Cali. duster on the dash. microfiber on the other interior bits. vaccuum carpet and seats. dress with whatever is not armorall.

·
Registered
973 Posts
H2O/woolite mix (6:1) to clean things up. Then 303 aerospace on dash and others non-cloth items that are exposed to the sun. The woolite smells good too. Luckily with the black interior, no stains to comepete with.

Leather-woolite mix to prep, then whatever leather cleaner/conditioner is on sale (currently meguiar's foam).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts