Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WGN99 said:
I like 'em, Wodering if you can get vw centers with them??? Though I never heard of Rochford before : :???: Maybe post a question if anybody has them??

-CHRIS
:) :)

Hi Chris,

Doubt you would have heard of the company Rochford as its a company here in the UK. I have contacted a few of their previous customers on ebay via the sellers feedback comments, i asked about the quality of the wheels and tyres supplied and all of them have nothing but praise for the customer service they have received, the seller contacted them prior to shipping to check on the make and model of the car they were to be fitted to, to make sure they would fit and also to supply the appropriate centre caps.
They said that the wheels came with VW centres, Bolts/locking bolts, balanced and fitted with flush fitting valves.

Anyone else have any views on them ?????

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I think they just look too OEM, kind of 'old' looking. I personally like wheels that have some lip to them rather then the old five-spoke designs.

Btw, this is solely my opinion. Others may think it looks great I'm just stating my personal opinion. I didn't mean to come off rude or anything, you just asked for opinions and I stated mine. :drink:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PhatRabbitzz said:
I think they just look too OEM, kind of 'old' looking. I personally like wheels that have some lip to them rather then the old five-spoke designs.

Btw, this is solely my opinion. Others may think it looks great I'm just stating my personal opinion. I didn't mean to come off rude or anything, you just asked for opinions and I stated mine. :drink:

No i wasn't offended or anything, sorry i just wondered what you didn't like about them, as you say its your own opinion and thats what i was after. I have seen alot of pictures of cars on here with wheels that i dont like but thats my opinion.

I'm not after anything too outrageous as all it will do is attract the car thieves round here and i'm on a tight budget. My problem is my dream car is an Audi RS6 and as i dont have £60,000 ($108,000) to spare to buy one i will have to make do with the wheels.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SeattleReign said:
Same here........ Boring. They look to stock or OEM for my taste. I do like the 5 spoke designs but just not this one too much.
Trouble is you see, is that the tuning scene is totally different here in the UK to the US, the Passat is seen only as either a family car or company car here, i would imagine the average age of Passat owners here is 30 to 45 (i'm 32 going on 33, not sure on your age) and if you go too over the top with flashy wheels you tend to look a prick, thats all left to the 17 - 25 year olds, where as in the US you have a good following & tuning scene for the Passat and your all into your big flashy chromed wheels, spinners, hydraulic suspension, the bigger the better.
As you say they look very OEM, well thats probably because they are Audi replica's and its the sort of look i'm after, i dont want to stand out too much, i want a street sleeper type of car that looks slightly different from standard but not too much and has the power to embarrass many a faster looking car (when i have done my engine mods). And also the only wheels that have the right fitments over here are made for Audi A4 & A6's and come with Audi prices, normally about double the price that you could get wheels for your golf's or fords.

Thanks for your views and comments

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
PSM20VT said:
SeattleReign said:
Same here........ Boring. They look to stock or OEM for my taste. I do like the 5 spoke designs but just not this one too much.
Trouble is you see, is that the tuning scene is totally different here in the UK to the US, the Passat is seen only as either a family car or company car here, i would imagine the average age of Passat owners here is 30 to 45 (i'm 32 going on 33, not sure on your age) and if you go too over the top with flashy wheels you tend to look a prick, thats all left to the 17 - 25 year olds, where as in the US you have a good following & tuning scene for the Passat and your all into your big flashy chromed wheels, spinners, hydraulic suspension, the bigger the better.
As you say they look very OEM, well thats probably because they are Audi replica's and its the sort of look i'm after, i dont want to stand out too much, i want a street sleeper type of car that looks slightly different from standard but not too much and has the power to embarrass many a faster looking car (when i have done my engine mods). And also the only wheels that have the right fitments over here are made for Audi A4 & A6's and come with Audi prices, normally about double the price that you could get wheels for your golf's or fords.

My philosophy exactly. Don't let anybody dissuade you from your ides. Those are very nice wheels.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Boris said:
PSM20VT said:
SeattleReign said:

My philosophy exactly. Don't let anybody dissuade you from your ides. Those are very nice wheels.
I'm not trying to dissuade anyones opinion here, just giving my own personal opinion, which was being asked of us. I totally understand PSM's view and choice on wheels, and I'm the last one to tell anyone that their choice is the wrong choice. Everybody has their own taste of what looks good, and there are definitely differences between US and UK tastes. PSM seemed to want more input on his choice, good or bad, and I gave my opinion. The wheels don't look bad at all, I just thought they looked a little plain. And I totally understand his/her's reasoning for selecting them.

- Alex (age 35 :lol: )

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Again Thankyou for your views and comments, whether they be good or bad, i did ask whether you liked them or not, so i expected some good and some bad, so i will not be offended, everyone is individual, whats good for one isn't necessaraly good for the other, its good to hear comments from both sides.

Keep them coming good or bad.

Thanks

Peter

:D :b5:

P.S. has anyone done a Poll as to the age range of B5 owners, would be interesting to see??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.