Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D

Just got a few things to fit to the car this week, should only take me an hour or so !!!

Spax PSX suspension kit:

Red Dot racing, 20 groove brake disc's (rotors) & pads:

4 x 18x8 RS4 Replica rims:

Ooh and 1 splitfire boost gauge:

And maybe my Samco turbo hose trial kit:

Watch this space!!!

I WISH!!!!

GOT A BUSY WEEK A HEAD OF ME I THINK

:D :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
someone's been spending their £

I'm sure the suspension and wheels will make a vast difference to the handling, good luck with the install, remember to get an alignment check one it's installed.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yer have you robbed a bank this week or something? there must be at least a good £1500 pounds worth of stuff there.

How much you pay for your RS4's and what tyres size u running?

Get some pics up when its all done especially a before and after shot with the lowering

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jonsey24 said:
Yer have you robbed a bank this week or something? there must be at least a good £1500 pounds worth of stuff there.

How much you pay for your RS4's and what tyres size u running?

Get some pics up when its all done especially a before and after shot with the lowering
Yer not wrong, very close to £1500 worth of stuff and only ever fitted 2 of the 4 things in the picture.

Fitted the Spax suspension kit, now that was fun, not!!, the passat has a real stupid front suspension setup that took many hours of sweat and swearing to sort out, the back was a doddle. The road holding is much better now, without the floaty boatlike performance of the standard suspension, quicker turn in, better braking, no rise up of the front when accelerating but comfort is very poor due to the sh#t roads round here and due to it being much lower now the mudflaps scrap on every driveway, speed hump and bad dip in the road and i have found a couple of multi story carparks i can nolonger use as the up/down ramps are so steep that the car grounds out at the top of them when they go flat. Give me roads that are nice and smooth (like they should be if the government spent the fuel tax and road tax on them like they are supposed to do) that dont get dug up every other week and dont suffer from subsidence and it would be perfect.

Never got round to fitting the brakes, they are still in my garage and if anyone makes me a reasonable offer they can have them (cost me £325), i was going to fit them with the wheels but more of that below.

The wheels, well what a saga. An ebay experience to forget, i think i won them for £580 and cost £625 including delivery. They should have come with VW centre caps and flush fitting tyre valves and as you can see they were sent with Audi centre caps and black rubber tyre valves, so after the seller promising to send the right caps and valves for 2 months and nothing arriving and no replies to my emails to the seller and me finding out that the seller had been bidding on his own auction to up the price(wheels arrived via business post but had the same name of sender as the ebay bidder who had been bidding against me, how tupid do you get) i had to make a claim via ebay to try and recoup the cost of buying new centre caps and valves and fitting and the false bids, what a hassle, in the end due to ebay following up my claim with the seller he got back in touch and gave me some bullsh#t about computer and courier problems (i can understand courier problems as delivery note said consignment weight 30kg, where as each wheel weighed 25kg) asked me what i needed and i stressed VW caps and metal valves and money to get the valves fitted, he then proceeded to send me some more Audi caps but a different size this time and valves.
So lost my patience by now and informed the seller that i was going to take legal action and report his company for fraud, then the supposed father of the seller contacted me (now 3 months down the line) to tell me he had just found out what his son had been doing and that the business that sent me the wheels was his and not his sons and offered me a full refund or the proper caps and to cover the cost of fitting the valves. As this saga had gone on so long i had ended up having to get new tyres fitted to my standard wheels a few weeks earlier, so i opted for a refund and this guy sent a friend over (300 mile round trip) with the cash and took the wheels away.
During the saga i had tried to get VW caps from other sources but they either didnt supply them or were the wrong size.

So i still have my standard 15's fitted to the car.

Boost gauge was fitted.

And i am now the proud owner of the 1st set of Samco turbo hoses in the world. (if you want to follow that story go to the main discussion forum and see my sticky post near the top)

The tyres fitted were 18 x 225 x 45 if i remember.

I will take some pictures of my car lowered when i get it cleaned, did clean it on wednesday but all sh#tted up again now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.