Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McDonalds has decided to eliminate the best invention in the history of fast food, the supersize drink and fries. I don't know about you guys, but 32oz of drink just doesn't cut it with me. I need the full 40, especially if I'm going to have to eat 2 of their "large" fries now.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/03/02/mcdonalds.supersize.ap/index.html

Not to mention I'll have to take "supersize" out of all of the food oredering phrases I learned in spanish "El numero dos, no pickle, supersize con coke".

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
linux-works, do you go to Fark.com? if so, what is your nick? You TF?

Just asking b/c that pic was posted there too.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
yes, I frequent fark.com a lot.

best source for daily laughs. other than b5, of course ;)

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Anybody who eats a SuperSize order of fries with their double quarter pounder with cheese is a God damn pig. If you're too stupid to no eat so much, you deserve to be cut back, and/or to pay more for order TWO orders of fries.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Sharky said:
Anybody who eats a SuperSize order of fries with their double quarter pounder with cheese is a God damn pig. If you're too stupid to no eat so much, you deserve to be cut back, and/or to pay more for order TWO orders of fries.
So a 6'6" 240lb. man should have the same caloric intake as a 5'1" 110lb.woman? No.

Just because someone has a larger apetite, and would like a larger side order (maybe what works out ot be 2-3 ounces of fries) than someone else, does not make them a "God damn pig".

:crazy:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
THAT sucks usually I get a #4 supersized and then my girlfriend gets either chicken nuggets or a fillet fish and then we share the fries and the coke even though we don't finish the fries and end up feeding the dogs the fries now we have to order only a large? :thumbdow:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Wendy's better not get rid of their Triple Classic, Super Biggie Fries, and Super Biggie soda... What am I going to eat then?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
how interesting - michelin is a french company and that michelin-man (boy?) is eating....yeah, you guessed it... FRENCH FRIES.

its all a plot, I tell you. its a plot.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can eat a double quarter pounder with supersize fries, and am currently 6' and about 165, with low cholesterol. I am not a "God damn pig".

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
dear sirs,

please stop insulting pigs by comparing us noble creatures to the likes of mcdonalds, ok?

thank you,

(signed)
the pigs

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think it's a good idea. I'm just as filled when I eat a regular #1 or a supersized #1. I'm the type of person, however that eats everything on his plate. Even if I'm already filled. If I'm not mistaken, McDonald's started the supersize and I'd say a lot of restaurants will follow suit and get rid of theirs too.

Jonathan

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I'll just order a pig sized extra small fry. I'm 5'10" 165 and 28. I always supersize just for the bigger fries. They probably stopped the 'supersize' because it didn't make them any money. That's my guess.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
we do know that its just pennies, in cost, for soda. so even if you refill 10x, they still made money on that.

I bet sugar-water-for-fee is what keeps them profitable in such a big way.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
The cup/straw/lid costs more than the soda.

By make them money I mean it's cheaper for the customer to supersize than to order additional food. McD's probably wanted to remove the cheaper option.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts