Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, that secret closed compartment inside the trunk on the left... it looks like a first aid kit area. Mine's empty, I don't have anything cool or illegal [enough] to put in there :suspicio:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
First Aid Kit....Lug key....tools....

other possibilities...

dope, condoms, ramen noodles :lol:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HA HA, I still can't get over the Ramen noodles. That'd be great! "The Emergency Stash"

·
Registered
324 Posts
On the left side i've got CD changer & Fire Extinguisher, on right side i've got the Jack, wheel brace, Jump Leads & an assortment of spare bulbs ! :D

·
Registered
26,008 Posts
I ripped mine out for the extra 2-3 cubic feet of luggage space. I just need to find
some nice matching carpet to cover with. I tried vinyl,but the glue holding it melted
in 110 degree heat. And yes,I did need every bit of space.

·
Registered
107 Posts
CD changer, and VW first-aid kit.

While we are on the subject, anyone know what the small compartment with the two brass screw holes is intended for? They are the same threaded deals that the CD changer mounts to. There must be something designed to mount there.

John

·
Registered
556 Posts
Where does everyone put that black pouch that has the wheel lock key, small screw driver, center cap remover and jack stand in it? I'm not sure if there is a secret compartment somewhere for it. I went to get my wheels aligned one day and they asked me where the wheel lock key was and I told them I had no clue. :D They eventually found it, but didn't put it back and I've since looked for a spot for it to go and just put it in the "secret compartment" that you guys are talking about. The only thing is, its a really tight fit. So where is it supposed to go?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
4MyPassat said:
Where does everyone put that black pouch that has the wheel lock key, small screw driver, center cap remover and jack stand in it? I'm not sure if there is a secret compartment somewhere for it. I went to get my wheels aligned one day and they asked me where the wheel lock key was and I told them I had no clue. :D They eventually found it, but didn't put it back and I've since looked for a spot for it to go and just put it in the "secret compartment" that you guys are talking about. The only thing is, its a really tight fit. So where is it supposed to go?
with the jack, left side under carpet.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
4MyPassat said:
At least on my '01.5, that black pouch has it's own area in the trunk. On the right side, near the top, there are a couple of straps that hold the pouch up there. Then, there is a lined cover that fits over it.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
In my Variant, I store a bag of bungee cords in one of the compartments.
That way I can always strap something on the roof rack or bungee the hatch closed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
45 Participants
ursuspolaris
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing