Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and how do you do it?
also when shifting through the gears, for a fast 0-60 time, how do you do it? when you are going from 1st to 2nd do you let out the clutch quickly?? i have only been driving my 5spd for 3 months and i am still trying to perfect everything

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
With Elias, I usually get a good 1 foot elevation followed by about 3 feet of forward travel when I kick him square in the ass with my right foot..... OOPS !! :oops: Wrong type of launch. Sorry.. Carry on..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
:lol:

I hold the clutch in, then slowly start to releash it just before stalling. I hold it that position, until the light turns green, and then with my right foot I floor it while I releash the clutch. You are less likely to get wheel spin than doing a clutch drop. Not sure if my method is effective for 0-60 but it works for me. If I had 4-motion then that would be a different story.

If I'm not going for a quick start, I wait until the light turns green before I step on the clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Clutch in = No power to wheels
Clutch out = Power to wheels

The less time the clutch is disengaged the better. I do the same as 1Point8T with starting off. After 1st I hold the pedal to the floor the entire time and just bang through the gears. The clutch is only in long enough to move to the next gear. That way there is no lag, it stays wound up.....you just have to make sure you don't miss any gears, and if you do...you better get off the gas quick.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Short Field Tactical Takeoff in a C-130...

WOT on all 4 engines, 45Degrees of flaps, at 170knts pull the yoke to your lap ond hit the Jato bottles.. makes for a quick trip up. to 2500 Feet

·
Registered
541 Posts
SVTWEB- I saw that once at an airshow. The most amazing thing I've ever seen. A Plane that BIG climbing at that steep an angle. It's just frightening. Plus the fact it looks like it's gonna fall out of the sky before they hit the rockets. :shock:

·
Registered
941 Posts
VWGUY4EVER said:
With Elias, I usually get a good 1 foot elevation followed by about 3 feet of forward travel when I kick him square in the ass with my right foot..... OOPS !! :oops: Wrong type of launch. Sorry.. Carry on..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHY lord... why... :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Only need to press the clutch in a couple of inches between gears, don't go to the floor, it's a waste.... She'll let you know if you don't press it in far enough.... :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts