Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am horrible with ideas for anyone and even worse for people I don't know. What do you get the family you know nothing about?:confused:

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
My wife just made a huge batch of chocolate/peanut butter cookies, packaged about 1/2-a dozen in a decorative bag and took them over...nothing special, but more than a card.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
swcrow17 said:
My wife just made a huge batch of chocolate/peanut butter cookies, packaged about 1/2-a dozen in a decorative bag and took them over...nothing special, but more than a card.
Wow, 6 cookies!

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Sharky said:
Uh, nothing?
Once again I find myself in agreement with Sharky. You're giving gifts to your neighbors?...especially ones you don't know? If anything, a simple Christmas card would suffice.

Does beg the question though...what are you getting for each of us?

·
Registered
970 Posts
OCTICK said:
I am horrible with ideas for anyone and even worse for people I don't know. What do you get the family you know nothing about?:confused:
I'm getting my neighbors a f'n muzzle for their dog that barks all the time. I'm being nice with that neighbor. The other neighbor I'm getting my gun permit and I'm going to send Minnie onto the next world. I hate yappy yipey little dogs that bark all day and night and I especially hate their owners.

But for real, why would you get your neighbor something if you don't know them?

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
how about the gift of not putting up barbed wire fence, for yet another year?!

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
RottyB5A2 said:
I'm getting my neighbors a f'n muzzle for their dog that barks all the time. I'm being nice with that neighbor. The other neighbor I'm getting my gun permit and I'm going to send Minnie onto the next world. I hate yappy yipey little dogs that bark all day and night and I especially hate their owners.

But for real, why would you get your neighbor something if you don't know them?
this is a Sharkasm. why did you hijack Rotty's acount, Sharky? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Unless you are friendly with your neighbor(s), don't give gifts. Next thing you know they will want to borrow things or ask for favors.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
JayTheSnork said:
this is a Sharkasm. why did you hijack Rotty's acount, Sharky? :rolleyes:

It is pretty fair Sharkasm, but it wasn't me.

I own a yappy weiner dog named Waylon.

(He has to wear an anti-bark electric zap-em shock collar sometimes.)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Move. That likely would make their holiday!

:)

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
Sharky said:
Wow, 6 cookies!
No...it was 1/2 to a dozen, so it was something like 6-12 cookies....I just can't remember. They're neighbors...not friends. It's not like we hang out together, besides, did they get anything for us....no. What do you give yours...a big middle finger? :biglaugh: :p

·
Registered
173 Posts
swcrow17 said:
the neighbors & us exchange cookies every year. unfortunately for me, their box always comes with mostly peanut-in-stuff, and i'm allergic. so, dear hubby gets to corner that box & eat it all... but we like our neighbors, they're very helpful & friendly. i just wish that they would remember my allergy (once a year!)... :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts