Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with your chip? What's its price, and life expectancy? What is the difference between a diverter valve and a blow off valve?

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
A dv vents air back in while a bov vents air out into atmosphere giving you that whoosh sound :wink:

I've had the HKS SSQ bov for quite some time now with no probs what so ever 8)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Forge 007 with an UPsolute chip. I originally had a TT DV in there, but I blew it. Whenever the car was under acceleration, you would hear a low growling rumble between 3000-4000RPM. I replaced the TT DV and the sound vanished.

EDIT: Price was $125 I think, plus $40 to install at Boston VW. My TT was $30 plus $40 to install. My TT performed really well for about 6 months before it gave out.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I read the post with the link comparing the forge dv to the GFB stealth, and I'd like to get a stealth. The turbo XS seems popular too, is it a bad idea to get a used bov, or dv?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IDriveB5 said:
stock!

woo hoo! loose boost! surge!

life expectancy -6 months

gonna get a turbo xs after i install my boost gauge
I'm jealous......j/k. don't feel bad, my wife's car is growling and I can't hear the turbo ever. Off topic, where's Silver Spring, MD? I'll be moving to Baltimore, MD around the summer time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Forge DV

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
26 Participants
2000PASSAT20V
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing