Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Another vote for Canon - I've got the S45... it rocks. Only problem with most Canons is proprietary batteries. You can't use AA's in a pinch like Olympus and others. Kind of bothers me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Canon S50. They are being replaced so there are deals to be had. With the money I saved I picked up a 1 gig microdrive ($180) and a spare battery (aftermarket, better and less expensive) so am good to go.

I like having the higher resolution camera (it's a 5MP). It lets you worry less about framing the shot when you are taking the picture. Later you crop and enlarge without worrying (too much) about image quality.
Example:
Second image cut from the first. No image processing on either, other than resizing for this post. Sorry about focus, but I just got the camera and am still learning.

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Canon A60. 2 megapixels. That's all I need. If I had any higher, I would probably just bring the size down to 2Mp anyway to get more shots out of my memory card. I used to have a Nikon with 2 megapixels, but that stupid thing froze and won't turn on again. I looked on the internet and apparantly, many others have had the same problem with Nikon digicams. I switched to Canon and never looked back.

I reduced this one to fit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
hoypinoy1234 said:
Canon A60. 2 megapixels.

I reduced this one to fit.

Nice! You used a tripod right (or then you've got some insanely steady hands)? I just ordered an A60, should be coming in today :)

41 - 46 of 46 Posts