Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'm using an old Kodak ... but that is not an endorsement because their new ones are awful IMO.

If I were getting a new one it would be the Olympus (Stylus or D series), or the Canon PowerShot.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have the compact Sony U camera and its a piece of crap. Fun for outdoor and day time pics but no indoor or night pics. Color balance, flash, and all red eye. I had on older Sony which was a Cybershot and it was awesome. I miss that camera. I am now looking for a newer camera. I am leaning towards the Olympus brand, the weather proof metal case camera.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
For anyone in a market for a digicam, Microcenter is having a 20% off sale both online and in their stores.

That's where I got my Minolta DiMage S404 a few years ago and saved quite a bit of $$$ during the same sale.

·
Confused
3,561 Posts
hmmm.....thanks for the tip.......any idea how long this sale will run? they ran out of the digital rebels!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok I just ordered a canon A60. Only 2 megapixels, but my previous camera (A40) rocked so I said might as well get the updated version.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sony Mavica MVC FD-91

Love this camera, its old but it does what I need!

:D

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Canon A70, 3.2 MP ... I got it for about $280 a year ago from eCost. The biggest downside to this camera is that it does not take pictures in a RAW format, so you will always get JPG compression artifacts if you try and print it.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
fookie said:
hmmm.....thanks for the tip.......any idea how long this sale will run? they ran out of the digital rebels!!
I don't know how long the sale lasts, maybe a couple of weeks? Have you tried calling their Fairfax, VA store?

When I bought my camera a couple of years ago, they sold out online. The local store didn't have it in stock but I was able to put one on hold when the next shipment came in (sale was still on). If I remember correctly, the sales guy said that they got shipments in twice a week from a general distribution center.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
damn i was gonna buy the Sony T1 from Microcenter for 20% off, but now they took it off their site. :(

·
Registered
457 Posts
dme79, I think that you should wait for the w-1. I went to circuit city, where my friend works and he convinced me not to purchase it. There is no viewfinder and the screen isn't clear when it is sunny outside. I think I am going to wait and check the out the w-1 and if that isn't my thing, get a cannon.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts