Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my TT downpipe and installed a new correct TT downpipe. Somehow I got shipped a downpipe for a manual and it was rubbing. They sent me the correct pipe for an automatic.

I forgot what how much of a pain it was the first time. Word of advise, have someone else do it, just kidding, unless you have no patience.

Manual DP on Auto Tranny :suspicio:

Auto DP on Auto Tranny :D

Differences

Damage

Moral of this small picture story is, BUY THE RIGHT SHIT! :lol:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
JEM said:
...I forgot what how much of a pain it was the first time. ...
My exhaust system is a 2.5" Brullen. I'll NEVER forget what a PITA that downpipe is! I had to do mine a second time to fix an exhaust leak from the cat to the DP. One of those three bolts is really hard to get at!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic, sorry can't elaborate, late for work.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I almost got broken... I got the wrong manual TT downpipe... apparantley they have a 2.5" outlet and a 2" outlet at the resonator end... well you can't connect a 2.5" to a 2" without some work. Getting the thing out was hard enough, but having to put the old one back in and then take it out again is a huge PITA!!!! thank god for patience (yes, TT makes a 2" resonator and a 2.5" resonator on their stainless downpipe back systems... make sure you know the parts you are ordering!)
-- Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts