Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
11081 - 11100 of 11294 Posts

·
Registered
29,152 Posts

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
I cursed at my Pacific Blue W8 this morning. I tapped the drivers window down button, it made it about 2" under smooth power and then the window just fell like a rock down inside the door.
:mad:(n)
Fortunately the window glass didn't break. I now have all 4 of my Passat's with at least one broken window regulator.

Window regulator casualty tally
2004 Pacific Blue W8 - driver / passenger door
2003 Black W8 - driver / passenger door
2003 GLX - driver door
1998 GLS - passenger and both back doors

It never rains down here, I should just take out the damn windows in all of my cars. ARGH!

Reactions: cchief22

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I cursed at my Pacific Blue W8 this morning. I tapped the drivers window down button, it made it about 2" under smooth power and then the window just fell like a rock down inside the door.
Fortunately the window glass didn't break. I now have all 4 of my Passat's with at least one broken window regulator.

2003 GLX - driver door

It never rains down here, I should just take out the damn windows in all of my cars. ARGH!
Easy solution! Drop off the Blue W8 at my place and you’ll instantly never have any more problems with that window!

Reactions: AndreasPassat

·
Registered
591 Posts
Drove it today and heard the telltale noise of a broken front coil spring. This must be a design flaw - my driver's side broke a few months after I bought this car and now the passenger side. Any choices besides Lesjofors?

Also, since I will be installing a lift kit on this eventually - would W8 coil springs be an option, if I can find them?

·
Registered
423 Posts
would W8 coil springs be an option, if I can find them?
I have a set from when I put mine on coilovers if you're really wanting to find some.

Today I pulled my bumper, front lights, and started checking for some wiring issues. Cleaned up and buffed the headlights and changed the hid bulbs to ones that hopefully are a bit brighter. I also fixed a broken interior door handle on the front passenger side. It got pulled off and broken so had to get it fixed. And then I changed the exhaust back to the factory setup. Somebody 🤔, backed it into something and bent and tore it up. Same thing happened to my front bumper which prompted this entire adventure.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Drove it today and heard the telltale noise of a broken front coil spring. This must be a design flaw - my driver's side broke a few months after I bought this car and now the passenger side. Any choices besides Lesjofors?

Also, since I will be installing a lift kit on this eventually - would W8 coil springs be an option, if I can find them?
Would these - or something like them work?

I’m sure you can find just the springs

·
Registered
29,152 Posts

C5 A6Q Avant 2.7T/Tip or 4.2/Tip springs would probably raise the car a bit for you. It's also easy enough to install coilover sleeves depending on your shock type. You can put them on all 4 shocks of the 4Mo to raise it.

·
Registered
29,152 Posts

2003 GLX - driver door

You could always sell it since it doesn't look like the rest. What color interior? ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
C5 A6Q Avant 2.7T/Tip or 4.2/Tip springs would probably raise the car a bit for you. It's also easy enough to install coilover sleeves depending on your shock type. You can put them on all 4 shocks of the 4Mo to raise it.
I'm debating which way I want to go. I've already pulled a set of steering knuckles from an Allroad and have a set of front and rear 40mm spacers. Plus I have some shock extenders.
I just need to choose an option then get motivated and get it done before the snow comes.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Easy solution! Drop off the Blue W8 at my place and you’ll instantly never have any more problems with that window!
I thought you were gonna swing down here! :p

You could always sell it since it doesn't look like the rest. What color interior? ;)
Grey interior. I'd post a picture of it but I don't have my personal computer available to me until my house gets built.

I will sell it, but I need to find out why I've got some clunking noise in the front end before I pass it along to someone else.
I can't in good conscious sell the car knowing it's got something wrong in the bowels of the front end.
There's a few other tidbits of work I'd like to do to the car also. Not that I need to, but it's something I would want done if I were to do it all over again.

1) window regulator replacement
2) refresh all 4 wheels
3) replace the side marker lights
4) replace the center console piece that goes around the shifter

Reactions: Rob.Achmann

·
Registered
29,152 Posts
Grey interior. I'd post a picture of it but I don't have my personal computer available to me until my house gets built.
🤮 I don't know why, but after owning a Passat with the grey interior, I would not want one again. It might be that the dirty soft-touch color reminds me of work and I'm still having nightmares about that. With the soft-touch cleaned off, the lighter color is much better looking to me.

I've already been shot down for upgrading the Tiguan interior with this fabric:

·
Registered
130 Posts
🤮 I don't know why, but after owning a Passat with the grey interior, I would not want one again. It might be that the dirty soft-touch color reminds me of work and I'm still having nightmares about that. With the soft-touch cleaned off, the lighter color is much better looking to me.

That might be a little too much!😀

·
Registered
7,970 Posts

That kinda looks like the fabric they had in British cars in the 80's. I had 1981 Triumph TR7 with blue shades of plaid. The TR8 was also fitted with plaid.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I finished posting photos of the big body parts from my 2000 Passat Wagon (white) in the Parts For Sale forum. I don't know how long to give people here (and on Craigslist locally) to respond before selling the metal for scrap and dumping the bumper shell in the big trash pickup at my apartment.

I'm kicking myself for not doing it 5 years ago when there were more B5 Passats on the road. The hood is perfect, the doors have just a few marks, and the front bumper has just two little marks. I should probably take off all the hardware from the inside of the doors because I can store it easily, ship it, and nobody cares if it matches their car.

·
Registered
29,152 Posts
That kinda looks like the fabric they had in British cars in the 80's. I had 1981 Triumph TR7 with blue shades of plaid. The TR8 was also fitted with plaid.
That site has all types of cool older fabric as well as leather, Alcantara, and carpets.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Decided I will never own a W8...
Probably a wise decision.

I sold my engine hoist, engine support bar, and trans jack.
Something I should probably do, but that to me would be admitting that I'm getting to old and tired for this kind of thing. I'm just not willing to except that just yet.

11081 - 11100 of 11294 Posts