Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
10681 - 10700 of 10735 Posts

·
Registered
28,619 Posts
Not today but over the weekend, when I went to remove the car cover on the W8, pretty much the whole right side of the car cover disintegrated in my hands. :(
The fabric started to rip as I was rolling it back, for about 18" after that just the weight of the cover itself caused about a 5 - 6 foot tear.
It's better than the inside melting.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,593 Posts
Pushed her through a roundabout and another 600m back home. Those wagons are heavy!

I found that I brokeded the left axle. I suspected the right axle and removed that first, doh. Then I went to spin the left wheel with it in gear and it spun freely with a clunky sound. I just happened to have the day off tomorrow, too.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Pushed her through a roundabout and another 600m back home. Those wagons are heavy!

I found that I brokeded the left axle. I suspected the right axle and removed that first, doh. Then I went to spin the left wheel with it in gear and it spun freely with a clunky sound. I just happed to have the day off tomorrow, too.
That's a bummer and how convenient.

Brokeded? :LOL:

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,593 Posts
That's a bummer.

Brokeded? :LOL:
Yep, brokeded. As in really broke. Went to take off from the round about and it just made a wiz sound with no movement. Instantly knew what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AndreasPassat

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
At least you knew what it was. I had a 'brokeded' axle once about 2 weeks after I swapped my tiptronic (that was epic, took foreverer) and I thought I must have screwed up the transmission somehow. So I had the car towed to a shop where they simply replaced the axle. Cost me a few extra $100s but I Iearned my lesson.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Sent in my ABS Module for refurbishment.
Place called Module Master in Idaho.
Will let you know how it goes. Get it back next week hopefully.
A little pricier than CHEAP-ABS but right now it's about one of your only options.

I see they have door locking modules on the list. That's intriguing.

Reactions: Kilroy2032

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stupid weather... just when I get the gumption to work on my car, it becomes cold (40s) and rainy. It's enough to make a guy build another garage, this one for cars! :ROFLMAO: (full disclosure, my 1913-built garage is barely deep enough to let a '63 Beetle in and for me to close the overhead door. The wagon doesn't fit.)

So, plan B. Start putting "spring car chores" on the dry erase board.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Stupid weather... just when I get the gumption to work on my car, it becomes cold (40s) and rainy. It's enough to make a guy build another garage, this one for cars! :ROFLMAO: (full disclosure, my 1913-built garage is barely deep enough to let a '63 Beetle in and for me to close the overhead door. The wagon doesn't fit.)

So, plan B. Start putting "spring car chores" on the dry erase board.
For this reason I purchased a 30' x 40' building. Just for working on cars. Now if I could just get past all local government red tape and actually get it put up.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
I had come across their site, too, but as their last update was over a year ago and there was no way to contact or even order, I moved on.

Have you used them in the past?

View attachment 104857
Yes I have.
I actually spoke to the guy who runs that outfit. Matt is his name if I remember correctly. Anyways...
He does this stuff on the side, he works a regular full time job. He had to move out of his shop where he did the repair work and he has not been able secure a new location as of yet.
When I did speak with him, he was hoping to be up and running sometime after the new year.
He's got my name and number so when he's operational again he'll get hold of me. At that point in time I'll drop a notice here on the forum.

Reactions: cchief22

·
Registered
2001 Passat GLX 4Motion V6
135 Posts
Yes I have.
I actually spoke to the guy who runs that outfit. Matt is his name if I remember correctly. Anyways...
He does this stuff on the side, he works a regular full time job. He had to move out of his shop where he did the repair work and he has not been able secure a new location as of yet.
When I did speak with him, he was hoping to be up and running sometime after the new year.
He's got my name and number so when he's operational again he'll get hold of me. At that point in time I'll drop a notice here on the forum.
Ah, good to know. Would like to support the smaller operations and one person shops but afraid I don't have the time with snowy roads just around the corner.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,593 Posts

I found that I brokeded the left axle. I suspected the right axle and removed that first, doh. Then I went to spin the left wheel with it in gear and it spun freely with a clunky sound. I just happened to have the day off tomorrow, too.
Well, that's not good. Pulled the other axle today and it's in perfect shape. Not equipped currently to handle even a clutch job at home. Getting a quote to pull and replace the clutch and/or trans.

·
Registered
28,619 Posts

Mike VanG would be so proud :)

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,593 Posts
Mike VanG would be so proud :)
I was there with him once when he broke his. Sadly, that’s not the case for me. Check my thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,619 Posts
I was there with him once when he broke his. Sadly, that’s not the case for me. Check my thread.
I remember. I saw your update later. I have a spare, but the shipping would cost as much as buying a better V6 trans there.

10681 - 10700 of 10735 Posts