Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
10541 - 10560 of 10619 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Dealing with misfires again. Dropped my plug gap from .032 to .028 with the 2.0t coils. Didn’t see any cracks. Just weird that it only happens when it got up to temp. I did wash and degrease the engine and engine bay yesterday so I’m hopping it’s just water somewhere that needs to dry out. If it keeps happening I’m gonna test my coils

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Oil change and fuel filter on (my daughter's) wagon after the fuel filler neck check valve replacement. Man am I glad to get rid of that MIL !!!! 🤪
Of course, on the test drive I noticed that the wheel bearings are making a little noise and when I entered the update in my maintenance log for the car I noticed that it (still) has a torn CV boot. Ugh.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Man am I glad to get rid of that MIL !!!! 🤪
Meh, I've been driving with an airbag light for what, over 4 years now.
Every time I drive that car (my 98 GLS) that light burns a hole through my skull. I pray for the day that I can make that thing go away.

·
Registered
28,510 Posts
Meh, I've been driving with an airbag light for what, over 4 years now.
Every time I drive that car (my 98 GLS) that light burns a hole through my skull. I pray for the day that I can make that thing go away.
Did the module I gave you not work or has it not been replaced yet?

·
Registered
6,925 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
The infamous CL units , drivers + window reg cable snap all snorted .

Sound insulation for the nation..

Rectangle Motor vehicle Grass Groundcover Gas

But didn't get to fit as passenger tested good with open door and window up/down but with door shut it deadlocked , new actuator functions but actual lock fails to respond :mad:

·
Registered
28,510 Posts
The infamous CL units , drivers + window reg cable snap all snorted .

But didn't get to fit as passenger tested good with open door and window up/down but with door shut it deadlocked , new actuator functions but actual lock fails to respond :mad:
Try pushing the door in, then pulling the outside handle (if the inside handle works).

·
Registered
88 Posts
No luck it's a faulty CL unit pattern part .

So I'm well stuck , I've opened a rear deadlocked door before by making a hole in the CL unit and walking with two small flat head screwdrivers a white cogged wheel .

But the front left door the unit is in a more awkward position and shielded by a piece of plastic .

·
Registered
468 Posts
Replaced the clamps on the power steering reservoir hose. I had been getting the telltale noise of air in the system, so I thought I would troubleshoot this from the least expensive option first. To get at the clamp right at the reservoir, I also had to remove the one on the other end.
Automotive tire Alloy wheel Tread Rim Fender

I wanted to replace 1 at a time to pinpoint which was causing the problem.
I fired it up and, after a little bit of noise, she quieted down. I still have to bleed the system, but I am crossing this off my list.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Replaced the CV boot on my daughter's wagon. I was going to do the wheel bearings too but couldn't get the steering upright out. There isn't rust on the car but I don't think those bolts have been touched since it was built in 2002 and they just wouldn't budge.

On a side note.....the inner CV bolts that hold the axle to the transmission flange were/are M9. WTF. I'm glad I bought a complete set of triple-square bits.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Replaced the bump stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd say it was about time. Hope your railroad track crossings around town were in good shape.
Hate to bottom out with no bump stops available.

Reactions: axenstar

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'd say it was about time. Hope your railroad track crossings around town were in good shape.
Hate to bottom out with no bump stops available.
Actually, these shocks were on my 98, 1.8t that has been sitting for more than a year. They ride more comfortable than the Sachs on my 2003, 1.8t.
So I swapped them.
They are riding better on the highway but feel more bumpy on the country roads of Georgia.
Not sure if the color code on these are compatible with the 2003. I will see :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10541 - 10560 of 10619 Posts