Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

10321 - 10340 of 10347 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Well “For” my Passat... ordered 2 O2 sensors and the Hitachi MAF - same as the one on th car except no Audi / VW symbols so half the price

·
Registered
844 Posts
When someone gets a brand new MAF sensor, should they clean it with MAF cleaner before even installing it?

asking for a friend...

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
SO - what's your decision?
Honestly, if it "looked" clean and didn't have a bunch of lint, dust, or whatever else can come from the inside of a box, I would probably just slap it in.
Maybe just give it a shot of clean compressed air for extra measure. ;)
If it had grubby finger prints all over it that'd be another story.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Honestly, if it "looked" clean and didn't have a bunch of lint, dust, or whatever else can come from the inside of a box, I would probably just slap it in.
Maybe just give it a shot of clean compressed air for extra measure. ;)
If it had grubby finger prints all over it that'd be another story.
Why did you get grubby finger prints over it?

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
What?
Why am I being accused of grubby prints?

·
Registered
844 Posts
What?
Why am I being accused of grubby prints?
Man, you said if you got grubby finger prints on it - I just got this new MAF sensor and you're getting grubby finger prints on it man - sheesh Keep you hands off my MAF man

(you know I'm messin with you... right?)

·
Registered
6,429 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Found out why the flap motors for the A/C air mix box are needed... and that my A/C probably had zero juice left... It was 43C yesterday and no A/C - just blowing warm air...

Hopefully I can find a reputable shop (maybe even the dealer?) who can evacuate anything left in the system and recharge it... but I think the flap motors are going to be a pain to replace. Don’t you have to remove the dash? Uugh

·
Registered
28,209 Posts
43C? Did you move to Phoenix? It was only 33C here, and it had been much cooler during the last week.

·
Registered
844 Posts
43C? Did you move to Phoenix? It was only 33C here, and it had been much cooler during the last week.
Yeah, Canada is stupid for temperatures - it’ll be close to zero overnight and then this - all schools with no A/C (most of them) were closed in the afternoons for the last two days. We are really not prepared for hot weather even though we get it.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
It was 43C yesterday
Yikes, that's warm for that far north.
It was 41C - 107F today. I was dying.
They're saying 45C - 113F for all next week down here. 😰

Reactions: Rob.Achmann

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just ordered 8D1820511B, and 8D1820511E, HVAC flap motors.. but now I see another flap code : so I have...

01272 (central air flap motor),
00603 (Footwell defroster flap motor),
01271 (Temperature flap motor)...

so there are three motors??? Lol

I also see
01274 (Oil pressure actuator) - haven’t researched that yet...

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Yikes, that's warm for that far north.
It was 41C - 107F today. I was dying.
They're saying 45C - 113F for all next week down here. 😰

Well that changed...

Someone said, you don't have to shovel the sunshine.
I must be mental for moving down here.

Reactions: cchief22 and PZ

·
Registered
28,209 Posts
That's brutal, it's just going to be in the mid 90s here, with humidity for the next week. After that, it should dry out a bit (maybe). Not that I spend much time outside anymore.

10321 - 10340 of 10347 Posts