Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

10281 - 10300 of 10347 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Here are the production numbers.
I'll be honest, I don't what color interior I have, gray or beige.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Me and the wife took the ride to Saguaro National Park in the balmy 106° weather.

Happened to chance upon Bigfoot while we were down there. Even he is tired of that wintery weather up north.

·
Registered
28,227 Posts
With any luck, we hope to go through that park next spring, when it's not so warm. I don't mind 106 at all, but my wife can't stand the heat, despite her being from a tropical country.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
With any luck, we hope to go through that park next spring, when it's not so warm. I don't mind 106 at all, but my wife can't stand the heat, despite her being from a tropical country.
It was warm yesterday, but there was a pretty good breeze going so it helped a lot. Trolling through that park in the spring would be awesome or later in the year after we get the monsoon rains, if they come.

·
Registered
28,227 Posts
You can have some of the rain that hit Dallas yesterday, 6" in just 3 hours along with a small tornado.

·
Registered
423 Posts
More "What was done to my Passat today". Driving home from work, minding my own business when someone runs into me from behind. I can't open the rear liftgate due to a large dent in it and the bumper cover is beyond repair. We'll see how good Progressive is at the claims process. As a bonus,the other driver also has Progressive as her insurance too.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
More "What was done to my Passat today". Driving home from work, minding my own business when someone runs into me from behind. I can't open the rear liftgate due to a large dent in it and the bumper cover is beyond repair. We'll see how good Progressive is at the claims process. As a bonus,the other driver also has Progressive as her insurance too.
That's a huge bummer.
I assume your ok, let's hope anyways.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
You can have some of the rain that hit Dallas yesterday, 6" in just 3 hours along with a small tornado.
I'd give anything for a cloudy rainy day right about now. It's not even hot yet. :unsure:

Reactions: Rob.Achmann and PZ

·
Registered
28,227 Posts
More storms at 5am yesterday, and some light rain now. There will be another 4-8" of rain with severe storms today and tonight. Lot's of flooding already, but none close to me yet. I expect the lake will flood by the end of it all, it's about a mile away.

·
Registered
28,227 Posts
Another 6" of rain in part of Dallas, we had about 1.5" here. Really glad I had those drains put in.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hate trying to remove the struts in these. The rears were not so bad, the fronts though are a certifiable nightmare. Every bolt seems to be rust welded, so they've all broken, and not come out. And my right front axle needs replaced. The front kits appear to be different than a 1.8 or a V6 car are, so the W8 is more expensive. And I'm still left with the issue of how do I remove the old broken parts of the bolts. I guess a torch and an air hammer are going to be my go to.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Replaces the temp switch on the lower front rad hose... The electric coolant pump still doesn't run after shut-off. Perhaps that's dead...

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Replaces the temp switch on the lower front rad hose... The electric coolant pump still doesn't run after shut-off. Perhaps that's dead...
The supply for that little pump comes from the wire harness on the radiator core support / carrier.
Two of my cars have had that section of wire from the carrier to the pump all mangled from hitting stuff on the road.
The price paid for not having a belly pan installed.

Reactions: Rob.Achmann

·
Registered
860 Posts
The supply for that little pump comes from the wire harness on the radiator core support / carrier.
Two of my cars have had that section of wire from the carrier to the pump all mangled from hitting stuff on the road.
The price paid for not having a belly pan installed.
That might be my issue as the previous owner's son basically scraped off the bottom of the front of the car in a snowbank accident and much was physically ripped off to leave the scene... 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
28,227 Posts
Mine ran every time I connected the battery, but only for a minute. They are hard to get to without service position and bad even in service position.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Mine ran every time I connected the battery, but only for a minute. They are hard to get to without service position and bad even in service position.
Just a 12 volt direct hookup and it should run?

·
Registered
28,227 Posts
I expect it would run if you run 12V to the pump (unless the pump is bad). I just noticed every time I disconnected the battery and put it back on, the pump would run for a short time. I don't recall anyone having one fail, apart from leaking.

10281 - 10300 of 10347 Posts