Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

10001 - 10020 of 10038 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts

·
Registered
27,871 Posts
Yes, but have you read every one of those 10K ? And yes, I expect I probably did read them all.
o_O

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Yes, but have you read every one of those 10K ? And yes, I expect I probably did read them all.
o_O
Not even close. Probably haven't read 90% of them

Reactions: Rob.Achmann

·
Registered
383 Posts
What I did today was order a set of new o-rings for the injectors. Fired her up to circulate the oil and keep the battery charged when I noticed the distinct smell of raw fuel. Noticed that the leak was coming from the passenger side rail/injectors area to the point of pooling around each one where they enter the manifold. Probably leaking just due to this cold weather. If the forecast cooperates, these o-rings should arrive to coincide when the temps finally climbs into the 20s which will make this repair tolerable.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I am a compulsive reader, I used to read a lot of books, but the internet has replaced that. At least I have been able to control the compulsive eating that I used to do when I was younger.
Opposite of me. I only read what I absolutely have to. I have only ever officially read two books in my life.
Runaway Ralph by Beverley Clearly and Alive by Piers Paul Read.
There's a name for what defect I have, can't remember what it's called though.
When I read I have to go back and re-read portions of sentences. Although I know what the words mean, it doesn't compute as I'm reading. What people normally read in let's say five minutes takes me about 3 times as long.
And then afterwards I don't retain much of what I've just read. It's very frustrating.
For me to read anything it has to something I am very interested in, and at that, I just read the high points and then move on.

Reactions: Rob.Achmann

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,960 Posts
Opposite of me. I only read what I absolutely have to. I have only ever officially read two books in my life.
Runaway Ralph by Beverley Clearly and Alive by Piers Paul Read.
There's a name for what defect I have, can't remember what it's called though.
When I read I have to go back and re-read portions of sentences. Although I know what the words mean, it doesn't compute as I'm reading. What people normally read in let's say five minutes takes me about 3 times as long.
And then afterwards I don't retain much of what I've just read. It's very frustrating.
For me to read anything it has to something I am very interested in, and at that, I just read the high points and then move on.
You sound like most of my clients that read my emails, lol. I swear, none of them actually read anything and then bitch about not knowing about a date or spec when it was all right there.

·
Registered
590 Posts
What I did today was order a set of new o-rings for the injectors. Fired her up to circulate the oil and keep the battery charged when I noticed the distinct smell of raw fuel. Noticed that the leak was coming from the passenger side rail/injectors area to the point of pooling around each one where they enter the manifold. Probably leaking just due to this cold weather. If the forecast cooperates, these o-rings should arrive to coincide when the temps finally climbs into the 20s which will make this repair tolerable.
Is it easy to do? I'm seeing raw fuel spray too and the injectors seem very loose. Is there a procedure?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Is it easy to do? I'm seeing raw fuel spray too and the injectors seem very loose. Is there a procedure?
This reads easy enough; unplug the electrical connections and remove the fuel rail and injectors as one unit, then tackle the injectors one at a time. If yours are truly that loose, then maybe they came unseated. Try pushing each one down - if they move, you have serious problems. Mine just had fuel vapors rising up thru the engine cover that got my attention.
What I did to pinpoint that it was the lower o-rings that were the problem was I squirted some engine oil around the base where they enter the intake manifold. That got rid of my leak temporarily until the new o-rings arrive.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got a dash light on my fuel cap. Not a surprise for aHave to get a new one. But omg, where am I going to find one that big!?!? (Matching Code for very small vacuum leak. But that could be from my hack job of a replacement for the ones between my combi valves

View attachment 101980
I thought that was the seat eject code 😂

·
Registered
383 Posts
Doing the fuel injectors today. I thought I might have been sent the wrong o-rings; the new ones look nothing like the originals. Nope, the originals are just that worn or mis-shapened. I should have known by how loose they were seated in the fuel rail.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Doing the fuel injectors today. I thought I might have been sent the wrong o-rings; the new ones look nothing like the originals. Nope, the originals are just that worn or mis-shapened. I should have known by how loose they were seated in the fuel rail. View attachment 102406 View attachment 102407 View attachment 102408
So, you need 12 o-rings for the 6 injectors, right? For top & bottom on each? Should you also replace the ‘safety clip’ for each as well? They are part # 077 906 037 A

·
Registered
383 Posts
So, you need 12 o-rings for the 6 injectors, right? For top & bottom on each? Should you also replace the ‘safety clip’ for each as well? They are part # 077 906 037 A
Yep, for the 2.8 you need 12 total. I didn't buy new clips - mine were still in good shape.

Question for anyone who has done this - how the Hell do you get those little filter baskets out ?

<edit> #8 x 1 1/2" wood screw did the trick.

·
Registered
27,871 Posts
Replaced both the engine and transmission mounts in my ‘03 V6, not hard but tight space
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hate changing the driver's side on the V6. No room to work, I bought a 13mm stubby ratcheting wrench just for that.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yep, for the 2.8 you need 12 total. I didn't buy new clips - mine were still in good shape.

Question for anyone who has done this - how the Hell do you get those little filter baskets out ?

<edit> #8 x 1 1/2" wood screw did the trick.
What? What filter basket? You used a wood screw??

10001 - 10020 of 10038 Posts