Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

9741 - 9760 of 9791 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
For the B5.5 that has a cassette deck, are there any Bluetooth cassettes you can pop in to hook up your phone?

actually, never mind. I don’t trust the old pickup heads. I’ll figure out the CD changer wiring harness and run a wire set up to install a functional USB port for input as CD. That’s a bit of a challenge... lol

·
Registered
Passat 3BG 1.9 TDI 180hp 4motion
29 Posts
I finally found the time to install the used KW coilovers i bought
The stereing feel on the steering wheel feels so much better now
But for some reason the back of the car feels unstable? Not sure how to explain it but it slides going in turns
Any idea why?

·
Registered
27,577 Posts
Which is for sale?
Actually both will be. For now it's my wagon, the 1.8T swapped 01 B5 4mo wagon. My son's 00 FWD V6 Tip wagon will also be for sale once I get the battery charged, do some minor work and get it inspected.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
For the B5.5 that has a cassette deck, are there any Bluetooth cassettes you can pop in to hook up your phone?

actually, never mind. I don’t trust the old pickup heads. I’ll figure out the CD changer wiring harness and run a wire set up to install a functional USB port for input as CD. That’s a bit of a challenge... lol
Actually there are plenty of good, cheap Fm-bluetooth adapters which work fine, especially if you have a lot of clean FM spectrum like in Canada.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ordered the Gates serpentine belt and matching tensioner. Also ordered the EVAP purge valve.. and from the dealer; picking up the oil cooler coolant hoses.. and the new hood release.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Started cutting up a supercharger to make it fit. Manifold adapter is almost finished. Anyhow, here some pictures.

Not the greatest, it's cut down from the back throttle, and now it'll be onto the nose cone. Have to cut it down, and machine it together.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Started cutting up a supercharger to make it fit. Manifold adapter is almost finished. Anyhow, here some pictures.
View attachment 101497
Not the greatest, it's cut down from the back throttle, and now it'll be onto the nose cone. Have to cut it down, and machine it together.
Which engine is that? BDP?

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
View attachment 101497
Have you figured out what injectors you're going to use yet?
Who's going to do the ECU remap/tune?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think I found a super clean W8 with 136,700 miles (220,000 km) and it just needs a new power steering (pressure sender??) hose. Timing chain work already done. Insanity has set in and I’m trying to get it this week...

·
Registered
486 Posts
There certainly is something about these cars that makes normal folks just lose their minds.
WHO told you I was normal? The insult!

Reactions: PZ

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have you figured out what injectors you're going to use yet?
Who's going to do the ECU remap/tune?
I have to figure out what size injectors are in this thing, then I'll figure out where to source some larger ones. After I get it to where it's past development, I'll consider who's going to tune it. I want to, but not sure what software will work for what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
486 Posts
First half of weekend fun: both oil cooler hoses and hood release... more worried about the hood release...

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have to figure out what size injectors are in this thing, then I'll figure out where to source some larger ones. After I get it to where it's past development, I'll consider who's going to tune it. I want to, but not sure what software will work for what I'm going to do.
Such a wild project!

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,746 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Passed inspection on mine and put on new wipers. I have to take the Golf Friday as it also needed new wipers. I noticed the mileage on the inspection report and I've only driven 185 miles in exactly 1 year. 30 of those were in the last 2 days.
You had me at “Passed inspection “. 👍
The rear top shock mounts can make a clunk over bumps once they wear out.

This part: Rear Shock Mount - Priced Each
I agree on this one. Look in the rear spring lower area for a possible broken piece of the spring. Just happened to me 👍. Good luck

9741 - 9760 of 9791 Posts