Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

9661 - 9671 of 9671 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My wife's Subaru leaks a lot more than either of my Passat's. Of course, I spend a lot more time working on the Passat's but for the Subaru, it's just more like check and re-fill the fluids every few months. It usually needs oil, coolant and power steering fluid. The brakes don't leak (!) and it doesn't leave marks on the driveway and I trust the car but it's just not the same type of machine as a Passat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife's Subaru leaks a lot more than either of my Passat's. Of course, I spend a lot more time working on the Passat's but for the Subaru, it's just more like check and re-fill the fluids every few months. It usually needs oil, coolant and power steering fluid. The brakes don't leak (!) and it doesn't leave marks on the driveway and I trust the car but it's just not the same type of machine as a Passat.
Always chasing a leak here too. If I had a dime for every spot on my driveway from my 2 Passats I’d have enough to buy a Bentley 😂

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
My 3 Passat's don't leak a drop of anything.

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Registered
27,428 Posts

·
Registered
27,428 Posts
Reactions: Iowegian

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
How many are running?

I have 2 out of 3 running, but only 1 driveable :(
2 out of the 3 are currently running. The W8 runs, but not drivable. Get's started every once and a while.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
The steering is very stiff. It’s a reman. Pump is good.
So I decided to adjust the yoke. No avail. Still very stiff.
(Pics from web.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Bought a new battery for the wife's GLX.
The old one finally succumbed to the AZ climate. Good enough to start the car yesterday, tried starting the car this morning, all it would do is make a faint clicking noise.
Guy at the battery place just about dropped his jaw. He saw the old one was a little over 4-1/2 years old. He couldn't believe that it lasted that long in the AZ heat.

9661 - 9671 of 9671 Posts