Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

9121 - 9140 of 9174 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
That is true, but the air will not get hotter from the air filter to the intake manifold on a V6 and thus would not get any cooler with an intercooler (unless it was a water spray setup) or at least not enough to make a difference. When the turbo compresses the air, it gets hotter, so there is a need for an intercooler to bring it back down to ambient before being ingested by the motor.
Oooo water setup would out do a turbo in terms of additional HP, no? I’ve heard of crazy numbers with that... [EDIT] - no, what I was thinking was a water/methanol injection setup, where a tiny amount of water &methanol is injected with the fuel to cool things off - better than turbo and get anti knock benefits - set up around $300: Benefits of Water/Methanol Injection

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
I replace the oil cooler o ring every 20-25K. Pretty easy. Prevents one less headache.
I replaced it just once on my son's car and once on my car. Both had around 140K and my son's car was headed to cold weather. I don't recall if I changed one in the 1.8T when I put it in my car, but I probably did.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Cleared all codes... drove a bit... got some codes. The only one I don't know what to do with is
P175000. The car is a 2004 B5.5 Wagon ATQ V6 Automatic. The code is from the Transmission Control Module and P175000 means Voltage supply: too low. What does it mean? What to do about it? Note: I did replace the alternator

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Went to the junkyard. Practiced pressure regulator replacement on a ZF5HP19. Not too difficult.
I will order the part. Hopefully that notorious shudder at the red light will go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Had to be creative to replace my side mirror. Let me know if you need the step-by-step instruction to do it for yourself.

View attachment 99903
I'm confused, what good are all the adjustments for if they're all welded together?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Went to the junkyard. Practiced pressure regulator replacement on a ZF5HP19. Not too difficult.
I will order the part. Hopefully that notorious shudder at the red light will go away.

Don't worry about the upholstery, a Bounty (the better picker upper) towel will handle that.
Second thought, maybe it'll condition the seats for a nice supple feel. ;)

Reactions: axenstar

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen this on many forums and it's always been a winner. Post up what you did to your car today. Add a picture or two that show what your did.

With that, I give you my addition, I polished my headlights.
My headlights are as yellow as they come on my 1999 Passat. What product did you use because your headlights look great!(y)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
My headlights are as yellow as they come on my 1999 Passat. What product did you use because your headlights look great!(y)

Doubt you'll get a reply from this member, last login was over 6 years ago.
But to answer your question...

Headlight Restoration

Own one of these kits myself. I'd recommend it to anyone. Way cheaper than a new set of headlight assemblies.

Then when your done with the restoration, you'll want to put some of this on...

LAMIN-X

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Cleared all codes... drove a bit... got some codes. The only one I don't know what to do with is
P175000. The car is a 2004 B5.5 Wagon ATQ V6 Automatic. The code is from the Transmission Control Module and P175000 means Voltage supply: too low. What does it mean? What to do about it? Note: I did replace the alternator
Have you ever pulled passenger seat and looked under carpet for water ingress (that has occurred at some point before you got the car,I know it has been in garage for awhile out of the weather). Look for potentially corroded splices (you will have to undo cloth "friction tape") and possible marginal corroded male and or female bayonet to the TCM connections in the harnesses plug in "bonnet". I do see you made it back home so I assume your brakes are working well and did not drive thru the back of the garage. lol .

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

Appears the "patient" died on the operating table......... did you check ohms on the patient's speed sensor to compare to yours ?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

first picture, slightly above your red electric bolt driver and immediately in front of seat, is that some sort of storage compartment that slides under the seat,or another component of the car interior that I do not recognize?

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,165 Posts
Yes, that is a B6 A4 from the looks of it. They were quite handy when I had mine. No, we can't retrofit B6 A4 seats to the B5/B5.5 passat, :(

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
first picture, slightly above your red electric bolt driver and immediately in front of seat, is that some sort of storage compartment that slides under the seat,or another component of the car interior that I do not recognize?
Yes. It was a 1.8t A4 quattro, which later made my brain bugged cos my 2003 1.8t is a FWD. to put that bug to rest I found an exact same car and pulled the solenoids. Part numbers are the same. pfeww!

For some reason I got OHM reading on the output sensors but not the input sensors in either car. ( same in my car) But the input sensor has reading on continuity. So I assume the input sensor in my car is ok.

Does it have ohms reading once the drums rotate?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts

It's a crying shame, I tossed a brand new, complete transmission valve body a few years ago.
Tried selling it here, nobody would bite.
I could've sold it to you for CHEAP!
Should've held on to it for a few more years.
Good luck buddy.

Reactions: axenstar
9121 - 9140 of 9174 Posts