Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

8761 - 8774 of 8774 Posts

·
Registered
26,468 Posts
Not mine, but checked a noise on "twowagens" car as he was nearby. I only found the front nut missing on the belly pan, hopefully that was it. Sent him home 30 mins before the tornado sirens started going off. Funnel cloud spotted south of Ft. Worth (about 25 miles away) but it looks like it fell apart as it neared DFW airport. No hail, but plenty of rain here.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Good Lord AR
For those of you in the Pics or didn't happen, sorry it's late but just took this:

also, for those of you with too much time on your hands, I didn't get a chance to swap over the tires because the guy said they were more offset than they were, so I need a little bit of space. I have some 10mm spacers coming Monday.
sorry a bit rainy and my keys were inside, so took it through the window:

·
Registered
26,468 Posts
Bought more parts that I will not install anytime soon. This time a JHM Short Shifter, I already have the solid linkage and cross-over (not installed). I did not want the Delrin bushings as I don't want more vibration.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have some 10mm spacers coming Monday.
So the people that sold me the spacers (from amazon) actually sold me adapters. so they were useless and were returned. 15mm spacers from another company came in last night and I got the blizzaks on her before the snow started coming down. She looks much better with the bigger tires.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Even made where you live. Keeping your dollars local. (y)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
VAG sources quite a few parts from here. There's even an assembly plant in the northwestern section of Hungary.

More than once Johnny Cash's song, "One Piece At A Time" has crossed my mind.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had it towed as I think it was my thermostat housing that blew up today on my drive into work. I have no idea what I am going to do now. I now have 0 working vehicles.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Had it towed as I think it was my thermostat housing that blew up today on my drive into work. I have no idea what I am going to do now. I now have 0 working vehicles.
I've been there before too!
Back in 2004 I had seven vehicles sitting in my driveway. There was a period of time that every single one of them were out of commission. I was dumb founded, I remember thinking how the hell did this happen. I know this doesn't help your current situation, but I can tell you I feel your pain and frustration.

If you've got the V6 in your car, switch to the aluminum thermostat housing. I've done it to every V6 I've owned.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Aluminum Thermostat Housing

Don't worry about the VIN up to or whatever notes. This housing fits on ALL V6's AHA or ATQ engines.
Duly noted. unfortunately, it will be a while before I can do that upgrade. The problem with 0 working cars, is I live in the middle of nowhere VT, and my office is 13 miles away.
just been a horrible last 16 months for me. if it wasn't for bad luck, I would have none at all.

8761 - 8774 of 8774 Posts