Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8821 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I gave Black Betty some tough love and then talked dirty to her. She likes it that way, as long as I remember that the safety word is 'Banana'. But sometimes I forget...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Replaced the braided vacuum lines on my 98 1.8t (AEB). The only two I found were from the back of the intake manifold to the fuel pressure regulator, and from the front of the intake manifold down and across the front of the engine to the diverter valve. The braided cover was worn on both hoses, and the rubber wasn't in very good shape in a couple of spots, so this was a good move.

I had purchased 10' of platinum cured silicone vacuum hose from Amazon that UPS dropped off this afternoon. I used about 5' or so doing these two lines. I used black zip-ties instead of metal hose clamps (those one-time-use ones are a pain in the butt).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Got her back from the TB job, installed an aftermarket amp and 2 12" Pioneer subs. I could afford a coil kit, but only if I could save my money up. Which I can't. Oh. Also got some groovy 4G wire to do the "Big 3" upgrade. But it's cold outside... :poke:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Let it sit because it's in a Thursday spot -- I don't have to move it till Monday 8am :D
My new hood strut arrived in the mail, gonna install that this weekend and start cleaning the interior up. New clear side markers should be here in a few days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yesterday, heard weird sounds emanating from the dash (or at least that seemed to be the location). Popped the hood and noticed coolant level in the reservoir was below MIN. Poked around some more and notice dried coolant (white spots) all over the place. :-(

Drove later on and popped the hood immediately after. Coolant appears to be leaking out thru a crack in the reservoir side; must be expanding when the coolant heats up.

Carefully cleaned the area and duct-taped it, then mixed up some 50/50 G12/distilled water solution and replenished the tank. Hopefully this will hold until I can get it looked at.

TB and Water Pump were replaced a month ago...wonder if this leak is related to that job?!?

Today I will wash my car.

k3s

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yesterday I sanded down and restored my yellowish headlights back to crystal clear!

Today, oil change and replacing fog light bulb that went out

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'm hoping to get the stock brakes from a MK1 TT. The guy just went to a BBK and doesn't need his stock setup anymore.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Dropped it off to get fixed. It was hit WHILE I was filling out the paperwork to buy it. It wasn't anything major, should be quick.

·
Registered
12,077 Posts
The fuse box in the dash has spaces for five spare fuses. The car comes with just two spares. I filled the remaining spaces.

41 - 60 of 8821 Posts