Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

5641 - 5660 of 8889 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
digitized the service records (all back to and including the purchase invoice). she gets registered and back on the road for the first time in a year tomorrow!

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Krasher,02wagonsq

I ordered it from World Impex and Wil Van Auken is the fella who helped me out.I gave him the VIN to my 2003 GLX fresco green variant and told him I wanted to change the carpet from tan to black and sold me carpet number: 3B1-863-367-AP-8ER. I did have him price match an online price of $711.00 which I found by google searching the part number.I know,its camels ass high but its all I could find that wasnt water damaged and used off ebay.

·
Registered
654 Posts
New tires today, Continental ExtremeContact DW. Due to the fact that I currently live in New England, the guy at the tire place was pretty confused, he said to the clerk helping me, "Can you explain to this guy what kinda tires he's getting?" I quickly let the guy know I knew exactly what I was getting, and that it doesn't snow in San Diego where I'll be moving in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Finally got all the parts in and installed a black leather b5.5 center console swap in my grey cloth b5. I love it so far and did it in under an hour. By far, the searching on ebay for all the parts took the longest.

·
Registered
215 Posts
my door latch was toast so the door would bounce back every time i went to shut the door. took it all apart, replaced the latch with one from a MK4 jetta (its the same latch for the passat and jetta fyi), got everything put back together, pulled the interior door handle and SNAP. door cable snaps after all that. so the car is sitting in my garage until monday when i can go down to the parts car yard at my dealership to get a new door cable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I spent 5 hours pulling the seats and carpet up to find anything that might be causing the bloody error code 18034.
intermittant starting fault for over a week.Starts and runs great for days weeks then wont star/run, go thru the procedures, Great off again,pull in for fuel,Wont start/run, etc etc etc.Now refuses to run at all,been sitting in shed for a week. The usual problem, starts runs for 1-2 seconds the shuts down.
Clear all the error codes but 18034,refuses to clear. Checked wires, connectors, plugs, pulled tcu checked pins etc etc.
Laptop in one hand googling then try all possible fixes;
I love the car but the bloody thing is as reliable as an old pommy motor bike, or a Lada neva. At least you could fix the rusky with a bit of wire and insulation tape.
Honestly wanted to burn the thing today.
Error code list; 18034,18056,18258.
Next post to "what did you do to your passat today" will be "BURNT IT TO THE GROUND"!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
$780 is a bargain!!! I had mine done back in March to the tune of $1555.36.

Mine came out to $1050 for the same work....however I also had them install new axles so I had to pay for 2 more hours of labor. When I bought the car, the previous owner threw in a pair of Surtrack axles. I know they are chinese made, so we'll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wouldn't start. Had towed to mechanic. Starter fine, battery fine, ignition switch fine. Pulled up carpet in front, CCM was submerged in water! Water appears to have come in from fire wall under battery during massive rain storm in Cape Cod in July (I know this because drain hole also filled with pine needles from same trip). Drained and dried the CCM. Changed the fuse, and now running fine. I have to recommend Phil at Almost Racing Inc. He's saved my 2000 Passat numerous times.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Almost-Racing-Inc/330698663634558

·
Registered
63 Posts
Okay, it was a few days ago but it took some time.

Loaded it up:

Emptied it out:

and loaded it back up:

Full leather with heated fronts and door panels out of a u-pull-it junkyard actually for a variant? Yesplease. Also in the right color. Picked it up, a fuel pump (for later projects), radio, visor (fixed the pass. side mirror cover being broken) and a handful of misc. other parts for $90.

Yesterday I picked up parts to set myself up with Homelink and a new glovebox handle. Today I'm heading back after the parts to give myself powerfold side mirrors.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not today, but this week.... Fixed the headlight wiring so my lights work like they are supposed to. (Thanks to Steve in Chicago.) Also, fixed my A/C so it works now, but I am going to have to replace the accumulator/drier, compressor, and condenser soon. (Dessicant is coming apart.) It blows cold though....

Still need to replace the passenger's side mirror, door interior pull handles, headliner, and redo the wiring for the driver's side visor (I grabbed one with the Homelink, and my original one does not have it.)

5641 - 5660 of 8889 Posts