Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
5,621 - 5,640 of 11,880 Posts
Problem is, if I do much more "lente", I think my wife is gonna "festina" my ass out the door.:icon_eek::p
"Volkswagen. Causing Marital issues since 1937."

New axles installed from Raxles - awful grinding sound that I could make come & go as I torqued and untorqued them with throttle while driving. Hope it wasn't just my belly pan dragging on the front wheels:), but there was a hellish amount of end play on the passenger axle. Easy enough job all round, although I was wishing for a 3/8" breaker bar to bust the inner flange bolts loose (just a little more leverage than I could get with my one lone ratchet and I couldn't for the life of me find the 1/2-3/8 adapter so I could use my bigger breaker bars, ended up using a 22mm open end as a snipe on the ratchet handle).

And, a few months back (spring time), finally got around to finishing up the wiring on my custom B5 HIDs, now that I know how, baking headlights apart is really really easy on these VWs. I hit a deer last fall which broke all the mounting tabs on my driver's FK projector headlight. So, with the HID conversion kit I bought from Corrado back in 2010, the clear lenses from my FKs and a used set of B5 headlights, I fabbed up a set of bi-HID lights (the kind with the cut-off that flips out of the way when you hit the high beams) AND also put the FK projectors into my old headlight housings for a 'spare' set.

Next up, unfortunately, is the clutch. I tried tightening the axle bolts against the transmission in 5th gear with one wheel in the air (worked on the passenger side, not so much on the driver's) and I was able to spin the clutch with my breaker bar. Probably going to farm that one out, I don't have the time or inclination at this point to tackling it on a car that I've owned for 12 years and will probably get rid of in the next year or two.

John

The car rolled over 275k miles so I changed the oil. Since I was in there, I changed the oil cooler o-ring before it could fail in the cold weather. The hoses going to the oil cooler are pretty spongy, so they are next up for replacement.

I replaced the "Coil Pack" on my 2000 v6 again. My belt broke earlier this year, and it apparently beat the shit out of the bottom of the pack. It also had PS fliud from having to do the PS pump last year also. Car runs great now.

Turbo went in Wednesday, and all was great.

Today was injectors, bigger maf, and new ecu to utilize it all. Runs like dogshit. I need to track down an issue that's leaving me without any codes being stored. Over 13-ish pounds of boost, it stutters and carries on REAL bad. Not sure if fueling issues, ignition issues, maf problem, or hell, a random CTS issue that decided to rear its head. :banghead:

Well, biggest initial issue showing itself: fueling issue. I hadn't realized tuning was set for 3bar, instead of the stock 4bar. Dropped in a 3bar, and it runs significantly better. longer term fuel trim too lean code popped up today, though, which I'm inclined to believe is my MAF showing its age

5,621 - 5,640 of 11,880 Posts