Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 8811 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
We think a like sir....
yeah, besides a tank of premium every three weeks and some washer fluid every once in a while, that's all the loving Petra gets these days.

·
Registered
81 Posts
yeah, besides a tank of premium every three weeks and some washer fluid every once in a while, that's all the loving Petra gets these days.
Not to drift the thread, but...
do you mean that you get three weeks on a tank, or do you only run on premium every few tankfulls?

I'm lucky if I get a week on a tank of fuel, and the mpg thing has me wondering. So far, all I run is premium (ouch) but if I can alternate between that and plus/regular, my wallet would be thankful...

Back on topic - new Aero wiper blades to replace the crappy Anco refills the car came with...

·
Registered
750 Posts
do you mean that you get three weeks on a tank, or do you only run on premium every few tankfulls?

I'm lucky if I get a week on a tank of fuel, and the mpg thing has me wondering. So far, all I run is premium (ouch) but if I can alternate between that and plus/regular, my wallet would be thankful...

Back on topic - new Aero wiper blades to replace the crappy Anco refills the car came with...
i hope he means 3 weeks between fill ups. and your in jersey like me, we have some of the cheapest gas in the country (or the northeast at least) :poke:

oh and i drove mine to work. i have another oil change coming up soon :thumbup:

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
pulled some parts from it then put the tarp back over it and tighted the ratchet straps back up. next step is pulling the rest off of it and junking what remains, then drove my jetta to work to break in my new motor mounts :lol:

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,316 Posts
gave her a nice "carbon burning" high rpm drive to work today. I'll be cleaning out the paint brushes and trash in the back tonight. Old W8 lights in the trunk to give to Salty.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,983 Posts
I drove it 60 miles to work like I do every day.
Drove it 27 miles to daycare and work, like always. The best part is that with the speedo pegged at 78mph, I can still return 38-39mpg. About halfway through and I'm averaging 37.7mpg for this tank so far. (I love this car.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Found the key in my suitcase. The Passat is 1,462 miles away and I plan to try it out after I land at that airport today!

·
Registered
776 Posts

Three weeks to a tank - right around 400 km (250 miles) of city driving, average is 21-23 mpg (the low end is with winter gas). My round trip is only 30 km, or ~18 miles. I've always pumped premium, and have just gotten used to dumping in $55-60 worth of gas for each tankful.

John

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordered a new Glovebox from eBay - $30
Ordered new LED City Lights from SuperBrightLEDS.com - $23
Ordered an 8" antenna - $18

Scouring the web. looking for a W8 dome light, right read door panel in gray and a used vag-com cable.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I need a new Engine cover.. mine just split in 2.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Installed a LOC to replace the high-level inputs on my sub amp. Funny, the monsoon amp really doesn't like it if you use high-level inputs for your sub amp.

Headed to the local salvage yard today looking for a new center vent (side-to-side function broken), new antenna, and that little triangle-shaped grommet for the firewall where I ran my power cable through (the old one fell inside and behind the rubber firewall matt, impossible to retreive. Will most likely stop by the VW dealer to grab some bulbs for the new vents on the way home.

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
Underwent a comprehensive review of my P I S [email protected] IT: optimal running in last few years so I reviewed every listing in ebay.de for our
P I S [email protected] IT and all other traditional sites! Advisable only for those without issues or foreseeable P I S [email protected] issues.

Continuing to do more than my fair share in resuscitating our feeble "economic recovery" over the last 12 mos:

Paid for Tinting; and New South Performance Indio Oil Pressure Gauge Kit.

EDIT: Noticed the abusive and undeserved biased and negative profiling PW Admin recent change under my screen name.
JaytheSnork's inability to intellectually answer honestly and logically any of our spats directly for all to see! speaks volumes.

As I learned very early in my life: There will always be people that are better.... and no one is always right. The sooner we realize that... the better. Envy and jealousy is a negative trait!

A review of ALL my posts will substantiate.

Yet another attempt by JayTheSnork to incite yet another issue:

These are the two threads that incited JayTheSnork to such vindictiveness vs being intellectually honest:
1)These repairs just keep coming,and coming,and coming,and..... - Passat World Forums
Moreover, our Moderator JayTheSnork overlooked the fact that the OP is 16 yrs old and his father paid in the last year for FIVE other repairs: Would you want your developing son to have misaligned priorities in life: EDUCATION vs that of working on cars!
what a difference a ski rack with no fairing makes on MPG! - Passat World Forums : JayTheSnork should
know better as a mod than post a thread when it's so subjective: MPG! with godzillion variables!

A review of ALL my posts will substantiate.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
gave her a nice "carbon burning" high rpm drive to work today. I'll be cleaning out the paint brushes and trash in the back tonight. Old W8 lights in the trunk to give to Salty.
Salty doesn't need them. Pass them puppies right over heeere!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ordered a new Glovebox from eBay - $30
Ordered new LED City Lights from SuperBrightLEDS.com - $23
Ordered an 8" antenna - $18

Scouring the web. looking for a W8 dome light, right read door panel in gray and a used vag-com cable.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I need a new Engine cover.. mine just split in 2.
You don't need a cover. You know that's why there's a hood over the engine, to cover it.;)

21 - 40 of 8811 Posts